With Johnson saying we only have 12 fit first teamers now with Wilsin injured i hope we get a few loan free agents in. I wouldnt mind getting Tidser back till the end of the season because we seem very low on numbers in midfield Also a winger and obviously a striker wouldnt go a miss

Edited by SavageTheBeast

Which Wilson?

Suspect its Brian as he went off holding his hamstring, we do have Kusunga and Brown as cover for him though, we only named 6 subs at Fleetwood which is a worry of those one was a kid, Lockwood wasnt ready yet and Colemans carrying an injury, Id say we need 3 or 4 and one of them needs to be a quality striker, with having three games in 8 days its a big ask and puts s lot of pressure on a very thin squad.

When I were a lad, you could only name 2 subs, the second of which had only recently been allowed.... all this, we're low on numbers we could only name 6 subs, I find mildly amusing. I also think it great that Devante was on the bench, great experience for the lad.

They said on TV the other day the successful Ipswich team in the 1970s played 66 games in a season including travelling all over Europe using only 16 players. :omg:

They said on TV the other day the successful Ipswich team in the 1970s played 66 games in a season including travelling all over Europe using only 16 players. :omg:

Latics must have played near 70 games in 1990 with not many players , sure somebody will know ??

found that they actually played 65 games in 89/90 season and 7 players played in over 60 games each.

Incredible by today standards.

Sure somebody else will know how many players we actually used during the season.

I reckon it will have been probably less than 20, Andy Ritchie did suffer a couple of injuries during that season. Overall players have got fitter and stronger and as a result the game has got more physically demanding on the legs interms of running distance covered, I reckon if you looked at the stats todays players will cover more ground during the games than did then.

On to 2015 I think we are going to need 2 possibly 3 more bodies in to help out with the run in. A target man striker being priority number 1 a midfielder being priority number 2 to give us some cover in that department, and one other depending on whats available in the market.

Adams, Neil Winger

Barlow, Andy Full Back

Barrett, Earl Full Back

Bernard, Paul Midfielder

Brazil, Derek Full Back

Currie, David Forward

Donachie, Willie Full Back

Fillery, Mike Midfielder

Gorton, Andy Goalkeeper

Halle, Gunnar Full Back

Hallworth, Jon Goalkeeper

Henry, Nick Midfielder

Holden, Andy Central Defender

Holden, Rick Winger

Jobson, Richard Central Defender

Kane, Paul Midfielder

Keeley, John Goalkeeper

Marshall, Ian Forward

Moulden, Paul Forward

Palmer, Roger Forward

Pollitt, Mike Goalkeeper

Redfearn, Neil Midfielder

Ritchie, Andy Forward

Thompstone, Ian Midfielder

Warhurst, Paul Midfielder

Williams, Gary Full Back

Sorry, that was 90/91. This is 89/90:

-- League -- --- FA Cup --- ---- Other ----
Position App Gls Pen App Gls Pen App Gls Pen
Adams, Neil Winger
Barlow, Andy Full Back
Barrett, Earl Full Back
Blundell, Chris Central Defender
Bunn, Frankie Forward
Henry, Nick Midfielder
Heseltine, Wayne Full Back
Holden, Rick Winger
Irwin, Denis Full Back
Kelly, Norman Midfielder
Marshall, Ian Forward
McGarvey, Scott Forward
Milligan, Mike Midfielder
Moulden, Paul Forward
Palmer, Roger Forward
Rhodes, Andy Goalkeeper
Ritchie, Andy Forward
Smith, Gordon Winger
Williams, Gary Full Back

Adams, Neil Winger
Barlow, Andy Full Back
Barrett, Earl Full Back
Bernard, Paul Midfielder
Brazil, Derek Full Back
Currie, David Forward
Fillery, Mike Midfielder
Gorton, Andy Goalkeeper
Halle, Gunnar Full Back
Henry, Nick Midfielder
Holden, Rick Winger
Jobson, Richard Central Defender
Kane, Paul Midfielder
Keeley, John Goalkeeper
Marshall, Ian Forward
Moulden, Paul Forward
Palmer, Roger Forward
Pollitt, Mike Goalkeeper
Ritchie, Andy Forward
Thompstone, Ian Midfielder
Williams, Gary Full Back

You can discount Ian Thompstone, Mike Fillery and Derek Brazil from the regulars, I think they only played 3 games between them.

You can discount Ian Thompstone, Mike Fillery and Derek Brazil from the regulars, I think they only played 3 games between them.

Speaking of ex-players BP, do you recall Frank Large? Review of his book (written by his son) in this month's WSC: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Have-Boots-Will-Travel-Story/dp/1909626287

Speaking of ex-players BP, do you recall Frank Large? Review of his book (written by his son) in this month's WSC: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Have-Boots-Will-Travel-Story/dp/1909626287

Yes, I once saw him playing for us and hitting the crossbar with a great strike from the halfway line, problem was it was the Latics crossbar.

Edited by BP1960