I cannot understand this anti Phili mentality. He was not the one giving the ball away. Mellis Jones and especially Kelly were, Kelly was the one responsible for their first goal with his lousy clearance path. If you were not looking through blinkers you would see the difference when 2 of those 3 were replaced. Able to get decent ball higher up the pitch meant he suddenly became effective. The front of the diamond player should not be blamed when the three behind pass backward or just hoof it. Mellis in particular had a really lousy match. He consistently failed to find a blue shirt and against a better side would have given away a bag full of goals. Get a grip and watch the match not your prejudice,

??? top of the diamond is poss the main player to blame. they pass sideways because there's no option further forward. murphy made a few half decent runs but philly is dreadful in that role. no creativity, no movement, no surging runs. he's there to do that or slide forte in or the striker in or create something of note. not saying mellis/kelly were any better as they were poor but against the crap teams he needs to do more in that role. not the first time he's gone missing

I actually thought that Philiskirk would be one of the players replaced, but to suggest that Jones was better is just wrong.

He's been a very consistent performer but yesterday was one of two absolute stinkers I've seen him put out.

Bang on the money with Kelly though, very reminiscent of his early season form.

All relative, Jones at least showed some desire for the ball and was not static like every other bugger on pitch. No creativity, nobody will the desire to get past their opponents - Jones showed more than Philliskirk, ergo he was better in my opinion.

Has anyone found philliskirk yet ?

With a pass, No. The back 4 plus Mellis & Kelly were all awful, possibly excl Mills, with every ball forward and so to blame any of the forwards is a bit rich.

But it seems that people need a boo boy, if it wasnt Philly it would be Murphy

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Grayson says they payed 50k for D. Johnson...

Surely not. That's a 10 fold profit straight away on him for PNE, easily.

Less unbelievable than fans saying they prefer Philly over DJ though.

Other than diving for penalties I don't see what Philliskirk does. He and the manager need to take stock of his game and decide what player he wants to be, because at the moment he's the invisible man and his game seems to have very little purpose. He's got decent ability, just needs a set role in the team and I'm sure he'll push on when he finds that defined role.

Edited by NewBlue

He's done nothing thats wasn't done before, tell me how he has altered the structure of play from earlier in the season?

We saw today the same tip tap backwards sideways passing that was prevalent then.

Three qualified coaches in the dugout - more like too many cooks.

It doesn't need 3 first team coaches, why isn't 2 enough?

Too many chiefs spring to mind.

Make your mind up BP! Are they cooks or chiefs?