£100 season tickets

Football is a slowly dying game regards attendances

I'm not sure about that, I'm frantically trying to scour Sporting Intelligence (other sources look like they are cherry picking statistics - for example Barnsley/Watford attendances in the Prem vs attendances in later seasons etc) however I've run out of time...

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/10/31/top-flight-football-crowds-in-england-on-course-for-40-year-high-311001/

Just because a particular club is on a downward turn doesn't mean that's the trend for the whole country.

And the 'lifetime' season ticket nearly did for Bradford - all the information is out there, lessons to be learned - it beggars belief that a system that can return the optimal fans/income hasn't been deployed yet - one that doesn't exploit the fans themselves.

Twenty pounds in, with a pay-what you can afford season ticket (base price £150 - still about £7 a game) is value. Cut the cloth accordingly, turf out the freeloaders, employ the match day services you basically need (not want), and maybe a drop in quality on the pitch (at least have players who will wear the shirt with pride) - find the level and build again. It'll take years to turn around, and that'll put some people off, especially in this instant-results-or-internet-flounce era. But it'll be your club - It's your club, make a difference.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this did have legs at some point.

However recent results and performances and board level decisions have quashed any chance of this being successful.

IMO it had legs until we appointed Dean Holden. If we've have got Scholes/Dowie or somebody of that type the interest maybe still there. Appointing Holden has just pissed everybody off.