£100 season tickets

Spot on and many more will be same. The sliding scale is too complex to tempt IFs Buts and Maybe. 4 x £25 monthly payments WOULD happen....

Everyone has different circumstances/financial constraints.

A straight up offer of £100 for a season ticket will always get the most engagement. A small deposit (£20) to register commitment could work and then if we don't register enough to hit the 7,000 threshold like someone has said this could get you a ticket for the first home game of the season.

I like the idea of it not just being we hit 7,000 or are bust and then forget the initiative and feel negative and downbeat. The back up idea of if we registered 6,000 ST's at £100 of having a reduced pay on the day scheme £5 for ST holders could really support the scheme alongside.

Thinking about it this could form part of a payment plan that doesn't even have to be the season tickets just another way of committing part payment up front and pay less on the day. But IMO that on the day purchase needs to be as Low as possible so not to give someone an easy get out when on the fence of attending.

Edited by Blue_Guru

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£100 per season ticket if 7000 target reached.

Not sure that plus pay on the gate of additional nominal fee would be viable BUT if there was an opportunity to spend the "saved cash" what extra revenue streams would this generate, a programme, lucky dip etc

Can't advertise something at £100 and then expect people to pay extra on top down the line.

ST holder paying extra on the door - no.

Can't expect pay on the dayers to cough up £20+ quid if a season ticket is as cheap as £100.

Re point one - you can if you advertise it as that.

Re point two - I think that's the point, you basically encourage all POTDers to buy an ST so they go to more games (if not all) and it becomes a part of their routine/they get the bug back so they renew when the prices go back up. There's no point doing an ST for £100 and charging a pittence to POTDers or there's a lack of incentive to buy the ST however cheap.

Can't, Can't, Can't? Of course you can be open minded...as long a the mechanics conditions are clear and simple which they would be. The same old system will churn out another 2,400 tickets next year at best. Things won't happen unles there is change, as much as some people don't like that.

How about coming up with some ideas to overcome the can'ts?

If we can't do all the above what about the suggestion of publishing the scheme as a separate payment plan and nothing to do with ST's but you get similar bonuses to ST holders. Or can't we do that either?

Re point two - I think that's the point, you basically encourage all POTDers to buy an ST so they go to more games (if not all) and it becomes a part of their routine/they get the bug back so they renew when the prices go back up. There's no point doing an ST for £100 and charging a pittence to POTDers or there's a lack of incentive to buy the ST however cheap.

You can advertise it, but don't expect take up that high - we wouldn't get 6000 people willing to pay £200.

And what do you charge in year 2? Back up to the current price?

You would still have a POTD price at £23...the ST gate would have the concession price to pay.

7,000 fans for £100 was Corneys number last night so must be based on some financial calculations to make sense in the round.

Can't, Can't, Can't? Of course you can be open minded...as long a the mechanics conditions are clear and simple which they would be. The same old system will churn out another 2,400 tickets next year at best. Things won't happen unles there is change, as much as some people don't like that.

How about coming up with some ideas to overcome the can'ts?

If we can't do all the above what about the suggestion of publishing the scheme as a separate payment plan and nothing to do with ST's but you get similar bonuses to ST holders. Or can't we do that either?

£200 for an adult season ticket, £15 pay on the day.

You would still have a POTD price at £23...the ST gate would have the concession price to pay.

7,000 fans for £100 was Corneys number last night so must be based on some financial calculations to make sense in the round.

He initially said 8,000, 2,400/x £330 =£792k. Some will be kids hence 7,000 I guess.

7,000 x £100=£700k.

It could be done, it just needs us and the club to somehow get it promoted.

Get the Chron and MEN involved too I think.

£200 for an adult season ticket, £15 pay on the day.

I'm not going to say we can't do that but here are my thoughts :

- £200 is IMO still too big a barrier to get the significant appeal needed to get 150% growth in season ticket holders.

- £15 would then need to be offered to away fans reducing revenue

- £100 season tickets would appeal to those who think they might attend between 5-10 games aseason therefore appealing to the floating fan market

- the issue with large amounts up front for season tickets is that fans expect value for money. For example if you asked a fan if they would pay £330 for a season ticket in a promotion challenging season they would probably say yes. Ask the same fan if they would pay £330 for a relegation battle season it would probably be no. We need to reduce the risk for the fan up front to make the gamble worth while. The reality is we have no clue how our season will pan out ( chances are more towards relegation) so a lot of people currently elect to pay on the day throughout the season depending on a number of things (who we play, how we are playing, anticipated atmosphere, weather etc). It is these fans 'one of which I am' that we need to appeal to. The current ST scheme/ POTD scheme doesn't do that enough and needs change if we want to improve match day experience and increase fan base. (Not necessarily increase revenue but remain sustainable.

He initially said 8,000, 2,400/x £330 =£792k. Some will be kids hence 7,000 I guess.

7,000 x £100=£700k.

It could be done, it just needs us and the club to somehow get it promoted.

Get the Chron and MEN involved too I think.

The club would lose £20k per match doing this -

We currently average around 3800 home fans so assuming you account for all S/T holders turning up means we get 1400 paying each match , no doubt most of these would buy a S/T at £100 so we would loose that match day income .

1400 paying around average of £15 = £21k per match lost !!!!!

You would still get away fans though.

Edited by losesome

Perhaps £150 in new stand £125 MSU and £100 everywhere else would be achievable... Every little counts and it would still represent great value.

The only problem is what to do about RRE large section, if the take up exceeds expectations we could have a problem moving fans for the larger away followings......nice problem to have like!

Perhaps £150 in new stand £125 MSU and £100 everywhere else would be achievable... Every little counts and it would still represent great value.

The only problem is what to do about RRE large section, if the take up exceeds expectations we could have a problem moving fans for the larger away followings......nice problem to have like!

RRE will be away fans only once new stand open.

The club would lose £20k per match doing this -

We currently average around 3800 home fans so assuming you account for all S/T holders turning up means we get 1400 paying each match , no doubt most of these would buy a S/T at £100 so we would loose that match day income .

1400 paying around average of £15 = £21k per match lost !!!!!

You would still get away fans though.

it wasn't my suggestion!!!! ;-)

I would think a higher percentage are kids though.

Maybe he feels he could get sponsorship.

I'd guess at 8,000 he could make some extra funds, at 7,000 lose a bit.

£100 is a nice idea but it is just a gimmick unless you repeat it year on year.

I do agree it is bst if it is repeated every year. I guess we won't know if that stacks up finance wise.

Bit of a negative approach to call it gimmick though.

Did/Do Bradford still operate it?

I was thinking that the registering of interest. £5 would definitely sort the wheat fromt he chaff, but I guess mena we'd fall short of the 7,000.

Using the CRM underdog talksed about means an instant database to tap into.

What about £1, and some would still buy but not register.

The money could go to Playershare or even better, to charity, if it fell short of the £7k.

Can't expect pay on the dayers to cough up £20+ quid if a season ticket is as cheap as £100.

Of course you :censored:ing can!!!!

Thing is, with 7000 ST sold, the only pay on day will be away fans. In which case that will be £24 please chaps.