£100 season tickets

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There could be mileage in it. I would prefer something a little less complex. Hopefully the great minds on this board can find an economically sustainable straight forward proposition!

Interesting ...

I don't even think it's a complex suggestion.

It's effectively £100 for a ST and a maximum of £5 on the gate. I've lost count of how many times on a Sunday night I've thought about going to the midweek game, only to get to 6pm on the Tuesday night and thinking "balls to that, it's £23). I know full well if it was 6pm and I only had to pay £2.50, I wouldn't even hesitate.

Edited by sjk2008

Not sure people would like the idea of having to pay up front and pay on the gate as well, even if it does provide value.

Would you?

It could even stretch to

Cat A - £5

Cat B - £2.50

Cat C - Free

I don't even think it's a complex suggestion.

It's effectively £100 for a ST and a maximum of £5 on the gate. I've lost count of how many times on a Sunday night I've thought about going to the midweek game, only to get to 6pm on the Tuesday night and thinking "balls to that, it's £23). I know full well if it was 6pm and I only had to pay £2.50, I wouldn't even hesitate.

I fall in that boat too...often if I'm on the fence about going £23 is enough to make my mind up...I could afford to stump up £100 up front and then would definitely be more inclined to go if it was up to £5 for the game

Not sure if its already been said but my suggestion would be, every fan pays £100 up front and fills in a form stating the max they will pay, £100, £150, £200, £250 or £300. If we sell 7000 they all pay £100 if we only sell 6000 then maybe 5000 of them are willing to pay £150 then them 5000 get them at £150 and the other 1000 asked if they would like to pay the extra £50 or have their £100 returned. If we sell 4000 and 3000 are willing to pay £250 then we sell them at £250 to the 3000.

As far as cup game tickets go then anybody who has had a season ticket this year get priority then they go on open sale to the new season ticket holders.

generally been a floating fan for a few years picking and choosing my games. Last time I had a season ticket was 07/08.

I would absolutely jump on this with my lad.

Spoken with family who fall in the same boat. guarenteed x5 or 6 more. All of whom have not had season tickets in years

Not sure if its already been said but my suggestion would be, every fan pays £100 up front and fills in a form stating the max they will pay, £100, £150, £200, £250 or £300. If we sell 7000 they all pay £100 if we only sell 6000 then maybe 5000 of them are willing to pay £150 then them 5000 get them at £150 and the other 1000 asked if they would like to pay the extra £50 or have their £100 returned. If we sell 4000 and 3000 are willing to pay £250 then we sell them at £250 to the 3000.

As far as cup game tickets go then anybody who has had a season ticket this year get priority then they go on open sale to the new season ticket holders.

Pretty much been said other than the idea of tabling maximum bids to capture interest...

Similar to what has been previously mentioned, how's about this:

Advertise STs at an up front £100

It also requires a fee to POTD which varies on the opponent. So cat A games would be an additional £5 and cat B would be £2.50. For arguments sake if we split the A and B in half over the 23 home games it's around £3.75 per game give or take.

Even if just 3500 people buy STs, that would total £350k up front, and then just over £301k on POTD sales. That's not including not ST holders who would have to pay standard POTD prices, not reduced rates specifically for ST holders.

If we got 4000, it'd be even more.

I'd happily pay £2.50/£5 per game in addition to an up front £100. It works out cheaper over the season anyway and may not leave Corney out of pocket if we managed 4000+?

erm, current 2400 STs at £330 gets £790k revenue + pay on the day on top.

This plan, based on 3500 sales would only get £650k revenue, plus pay on the day, but 1100 of the pay on the day are already in this.

f wewant to have less money for the club to spend on players, this is a good way to do it; although corney's 7000 x £100 has a similar effect if he's being honest about 2400 STs at full price.

Why not take a payment of 100 pounds on the proviso that 7000 deposits gets you a season ticket. If they don't reach 7000 then you have the option to either pay the rest, whatever that is, or get tickets for the first six home league games instead of a refund. Those who don't pay for the season ticket will effectively get six games for the price of five.

i live well away from Oldham and can't get to many home games but i'd buy 2 at 100 quid without hesitation.....I genuinely think there is mileage in such a scheme but logically SC would have to hedge the risk by doing something clever....perhaps along the lines of;

enter your cc details on a secure site selecting how many tickets you commit to take depending on the final uptake

there could be various price points eg 300, 200, 150, 100 and my personal selection might be;

300 = 0

200 = 0

150 = 2

100 = 2

at the end of the offer period the club can see the commitments at each level, choose the optimum price and process all tickets at that price point....if they go with 200 I would get none and my cc wouldn't be charged, if they go with 100 my cc is charged and get the 2 tickets i committed to.

The club could pre-announce a level where the 100 best price might kick in (eg 7000) and keep everyone updated as to how it's going to try and generate momentum and rally people towards achieving the target...obviously have to judge when you do that so as not to kill the momentum if things start slowly!! It would also be important to keep the offer open as long as possible.

so, no risk for the fan and the club maintains risk control and can test "price elasticity"....the market tells you the price!

This plan, based on 3500 sales would only get £650k revenue, plus pay on the day, but 1100 of the pay on the day are already in this.

f wewant to have less money for the club to spend on players, this is a good way to do it; although corney's 7000 x £100 has a similar effect if he's being honest about 2400 STs at full price.

I see what you're saying, but that 3500 I plucked from thin air is potentially underselling it. At £100 up front, it could easily be 4500-5000.

I know 4 people who go to the odd game at home but more often away who would have no hesitation in Paying a ton for an ST. Even my mum and Mrs would do it, so there's 6 people immediately.

Look at it this way, we take 6000 to the likes of Liverpool and Everton, a bit less to Forest and the like. At £100 a pop, I reckon there's a lot of the stayawayws that attend those games that'd be tempted by that price personally.

Why not take a payment of 100 pounds on the proviso that 7000 deposits gets you a season ticket. If they don't reach 7000 then you have the option to either pay the rest, whatever that is, or get tickets for the first six home league games instead of a refund. Those who don't pay for the season ticket will effectively get six games for the price of five.

And then they dont actually end up buying a ST in the end and there's potentially a knock on effect from there

Plus you are forgetting the extra revenue extra fans coming through the turnstiles would deliver. Car park, programmes, merchandise, food, drink etc. Average spend per head must be £3-5 which is equivalent to 500 full price fans on an extra 3,500 per game. Plus more fans would add to the entertainment/experience factor and therefore create a halo effect of encouraging more fans to come more often. Casual fans turning up to the odd game with 3,500 fans is hardly a thriller to entice them back is it let's be honest.

Plus you are forgetting the extra revenue extra fans coming through the turnstiles would deliver. Car park, programmes, merchandise, food, drink etc. Average spend per head must be £3-5 which is equivalent to 500 full price fans on an extra 3,500 per game. Plus more fans would add to the entertainment/experience factor and therefore create a halo effect of encouraging more fans to come more often. Casual fans turning up to the odd game with 3,500 fans is hardly a thriller to entice them back is it let's be honest.

Would be especially great if we do have a supporters bar in the new stand.

Paying £3.50 for a pint wouldn't feel as bad had I only paid £2.50 on the day to get in, as opposed to £23.

Would be especially great if we do have a supporters bar in the new stand.

Paying £3.50 for a pint wouldn't feel as bad had I only paid £2.50 on the day to get in, as opposed to £23.

There wont be a Supporters bar in the new stand and it will probably cost more than £23 to sit in there, no matter what discounted price is agreed on STs

How about £299 for "Priority season tickets" giving full admission plus any additional perks such as free JPT entry, priority cup tickets etc to safeguard the clubs income. Then offer voucher books for a reduced rate of £100, or £150 starting with 10 tickets to matches of the holders choosing. As each sales milestone is passed, the number of voucher in the book increases up to the target of 7000 when a full season is awarded minus any perks of the priority pass. To keep the deal sweet for the original full season purchasers, should the end goal be reached, their ticket would become a 2 year ticket, making it £149.50 per season.

There wont be a Supporters bar in the new stand and it will probably cost more than £23 to sit in there, no matter what discounted price is agreed on STs

Why do you think that? If Corney does go down the route of reduced ST prices then he's not going to exempt the new stand from the offer is he? Last thing he'll want is an empty stand and everyone else sitting in the decrepid ones as they're the chosen £100 seats.

Plus the new stand is funded already so no need to charge supporters £25+

£100 in the chaddy, main and RRE, £150 in the new stand before June 1st to judge the demand, if sold over 5k by this point carry on selling for another 6 weeks and push it hard, if not refund and charge the usual. Reckon we could sell at least 6-7k, maybe more. And then price individual games at £15 for home supporters and £22 for away supporters. Sorted. Get it packed, happy days.

Why do you think that? If Corney does go down the route of reduced ST prices then he's not going to exempt the new stand from the offer is he? Last thing he'll want is an empty stand and everyone else sitting in the decrepid ones as they're the chosen £100 seats.

Plus the new stand is funded already so no need to charge supporters £25+

IF-the biggest world in the English Language! He wont do it.

As a businessman with a brand new facility fitted out to good standards, he wont be going anywhere near the £100 ST mentioned and probably shouldnt

IF-the biggest world in the English Language! He wont do it.

As a businessman with a brand new facility fitted out to good standards, he wont be going anywhere near the £100 ST mentioned and probably shouldnt

If we can show promise of 7000, I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Amazing.

Crappest week for years, and yet here we all are (well nearly all) trying our damnedest to make the 100 tcket work.

Latics fans are amazing.

My suggest ion is £20 per month from now escrow account and if we reach it geat, orvrefund, or contribution to new ticket.

interest to playershare.