Whelan steps down as Chairman of Plastics

So, without his dosh they are screwed. They will keep on falling faster than Madonna at the Brits.

I guess he can still pump money in? And won't have all the repsonsibility of being Chairman. Preumably, at FA meetings (and FL more lately!) they just ignored him.

Apparently his grandson's previous business experience includes a failed chip shop in Wigan. It's in safe hands.

23 years old - big ask of him given they look almost certain to drop in to League 1 with a lot of over-paid, under-skilled players!

23 years old - big ask of him given they look almost certain to drop in to League 1 with a lot of over-paid, under-skilled players!

I'm guessing his main responsibility is not to mention the gender, race, sexual orientation or species of anyone or anything whilst Grandpa carries on running the show.

I'm guessing his main responsibility is not to mention the gender, race, sexual orientation or species of anyone or anything whilst Grandpa carries on running the show.

How can a chippy fail in Wigan? :censored:, he must be bad. He should've focused on pies.

Not just in Wigan, next to the rugby league/football ground.

Yeah.

That is quite some achievement. Maybe he had bigger fish to fry. Or was Cod between a Rock and a hard Plaice.

Thanks for the info, as in the very likely scenario that I will attend a meeting at Wigan's ground I have made a note not to visit the nearby chippy.

Professional conferences generally lay on sandwiches, fresh fruit and other finger food and refreshments for lunch rather than leaving you to find a chippy, which has in any case gone out of business since the Whelans ran it, but can't fault you for effort.