Youth academy

Never seen them play before but been told the lad who got smacked, Tuohy, is a prospect. Meant to be a very assured midfielder. Looks to have a lot of growing to do though still so may be a while before he is ready for first team.

Edited by NewBlue

There is the problem though 1 guy who cant score in two conference loans and a guy who cant catch a halifax. They are better than our youths so what is the point in throwing the youths in? People can say experience but bove is the example there that throw him in too early and he his overwhelmed and it knocks him back.

There is the problem though 1 guy who cant score in two conference loans and a guy who cant catch a halifax. They are better than our youths so what is the point in throwing the youths in? People can say experience but bove is the example there that throw him in too early and he his overwhelmed and it knocks him back.

Wenger was planning on getting rid of Coquelin and he didn't do that well on loan to Charlton earlier this season... He's now looking like becoming a key player in the Arsenal team.

Plenty of other examples about of players not looking up it to then it suddenly seems to click. Looked like it did with Mellor until Johnson decided to :censored: about and move him to CB and then decide that he's a LB even though Dickov proved he wasn't. Plenty of ability but looks like he needs someone to give him the confidence to finally perform.

Not keen on people saying soon as we get another win or two, chuck the youth in. We are 4 points of 6th with a game in hand, the team is capable of putting a couple of wins together especially now Wilkinson is back. It might be unlikely for us to get the play-offs compared to other teams around us but we are still well within touching distance and it is still in our hands whether we get it or not.

Something needs to be done by the next manager to address the development problems which have escalated during Johnson's time at the club. Organised reserve football has become a thing of the past - Johnson indicated that friendlies would be organised to address this. I believe the reserves have played a grand total of 3 or 4 games all season. Youth players need to be playing a higher and more physical level in their 2nd year to bridge the gap to 1st team football otherwise they will inevitably struggle. The step up from age group football to the professional game is a massive physical hurdle. We need to assess last years crop before we look at the current youth players. How much competitive football have Coleman, Bove and Truelove played this year? Also, giving an 18 year old a 12 month contract doesn't really give sufficient time to assess them before they're released due to financial pressures to make way for the next batch. Taking Winchester as an example - under the current system he would probably have been released at the 1st opportunity.

The youth team must be decent they seem to win every week. Sure I checked the tables in Jan and they were either top of the league or 2nd behind Walsall I think it was.

Heard good things about Danny B but he's had quite a bad injury most of this season.

Who knows who may turn out to be the next Winchester ;)

Infact just checked and we're actually 8th but with 3/4 games in hand on most teams above.

https://fas.premierleague.com/index.php?page=teamfixtures&id=258

Is that Jacobs a winger or a striker? Thought he was a striker but he came on as a winger against Preston

Jacobs plays Welbeck style.

Byrnes is the best prospect,but very fragile

Edited by BP1960

The time will soon be upon us when the vast majority are told they are being released. I am assuming that Jacobs and Touhy will be offered contracts as they have been involved with the first team recently anybody think any of the other young lads deserve a contract think 3 will be the max we take on

The time will soon be upon us when the vast majority are told they are being released. I am assuming that Jacobs and Touhy will be offered contracts as they have been involved with the first team recently anybody think any of the other young lads deserve a contract think 3 will be the max we take on

Tyson, Jacobs, Byrnes is my guess.

To be fair on that

john prichard didnt get a contract last season and he played as much as these two

Not sure that they'd take another young keeper - Colemans got another year on his contract. If Byrnes can be kept fit he's worth a punt and Jacobs looks promising. Tuohy keeps getting mentioned but he's a long way off physically for a midfielder. Could have done with some reserve football to judge him.

Something needs to be done by the next manager to address the development problems which have escalated during Johnson's time at the club. Organised reserve football has become a thing of the past - Johnson indicated that friendlies would be organised to address this. I believe the reserves have played a grand total of 3 or 4 games all season. Youth players need to be playing a higher and more physical level in their 2nd year to bridge the gap to 1st team football otherwise they will inevitably struggle. The step up from age group football to the professional game is a massive physical hurdle. We need to assess last years crop before we look at the current youth players. How much competitive football have Coleman, Bove and Truelove played this year? Also, giving an 18 year old a 12 month contract doesn't really give sufficient time to assess them before they're released due to financial pressures to make way for the next batch. Taking Winchester as an example - under the current system he would probably have been released at the 1st opportunity.

The problem with the reserves there was not always a standard and alot of teams have got rid. A good example last season the reserves played Walsall who in fact sent a team of trialists up as there actual reserves where playing elsewhere.

Competitive football year i be on the phone to Manchester County FA and asking them to play in the Manchester Premier cup against Non League sides seen as the Manchester Senior cup has become a shambles.

Not sure that they'd take another young keeper - Colemans got another year on his contract. If Byrnes can be kept fit he's worth a punt and Jacobs looks promising. Tuohy keeps getting mentioned but he's a long way off physically for a midfielder. Could have done with some reserve football to judge him.

From what i seen of them Tyson is a cracking little keeper and think they will proberly offer him a deal unless they have got another keeper to be 3rd choice lined up.

From what i seen of them Tyson is a cracking little keeper and think they will probably offer him a deal unless they have got another keeper to be 3rd choice lined up.

Not so little, I think he's about 6ft 6ins and growing.

The problem with the reserves there was not always a standard and alot of teams have got rid. A good example last season the reserves played Walsall who in fact sent a team of trialists up as there actual reserves where playing elsewhere.

Competitive football year i be on the phone to Manchester County FA and asking them to play in the Manchester Premier cup against Non League sides seen as the Manchester Senior cup has become a shambles.

I suggested this to the Manchester FA in an email a while ago, but they didn't bother to reply, stick in the muds they are.

Edited by BP1960