Oldham 3-0 Rochdale

I think you're wrong but I admire your persistence! From Turner in the Chron... “Winch (Carl Winchester) ran on the outside, which made the defender’s mind up. He gave me a yard and I went for it,”

I think that's fair enough.

Winchester didn't affect the defender's movement at all. He was all on his own. And even if Turner was right about Winchester creating him some space, that doesn't refute the fact that Winchester should have been played in way before Turner knew there was any space to be taken advantage of.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winchester didn't affect the defender's movement at all. He was all on his own. And even if Turner was right about Winchester creating him some space, that doesn't refute the fact that Winchester should have been played in way before Turner knew there was any space to be taken advantage of.

If you want to keep arguing that black is white then carry on.

You can see from the Quote-straight from the horses mouth!

If you want to keep arguing that black is white then carry on.

You can see from the Quote-straight from the horses mouth!

So because Turner claims that Winchester made him some space and that's why he decided to go solo, I should ignore the video evidence to the contrary?

Ever been on a jury?

But in all honesty I think Turner is talking about his thought process after the point he should have played Winchester in. So we aren't talking about the same thing.

This is the situation I'm talking about:

Untitled2.jpg

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Their defenders were clearly really scared of giving away a penalty - to the point they literally barely touched him lol

That's the beauty of having someone buzzing about the penalty area, credit to the new management team for this.

Whatever people. It's a good job none of you are coaches.

One for the dinosaurs like me who love to see some individuality rather than text book coaching. Disect that one in terms of diamonds and triangles on your TV analysis screen Gary and Phil Neville.

There is a big difference between a forward and a striker...A forward plays upfront.......A striker is a greedy bastard who when near the opposition net only wants to score. Hopefully we have our striker.

The problem is if you coach that greedy instinct out of a natural striker you end up with just another forward player who's first instinct is to pass ....................then we end up with pass pass pass chance gone

Posted · Hidden by Stevie_J, March 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, March 26, 2015 - No reason given

What a cock. He scored. Also if you knew anything about the game you can see that fullback has his weight shifted ready to get out to Winchester hence him being squared up allowing Turner to get past him.

Mind if your a coach you've probably already seen that.

I know people like the wind up on here but this is clearly evidence of how thick and moronic some of our support is.

Full back sees the Belfast Messi coming through, he only needs to shift his weight (he's doing that in your pic) and Turner can beat him with ease. Defender needed to go for the ball or the Belfast Messi and did neither hence Turner beating him easily.

Anyone who has played at a decent level will know that. I find most people who bleat on about being coaches don't know anything about actually playing the game.

Unless this is a wind up then well played. If not your a moron and god help anyone you 'coach'.

Full back sees the Belfast Messi coming through, he only needs to shift his weight (he's doing that in your pic) and Turner can beat him with ease. Defender needed to go for the ball or the Belfast Messi and did neither hence Turner beating him easily.

Anyone who has played at a decent level will know that. I find most people who bleat on about being coaches don't know anything about actually playing the game.

Unless this is a wind up then well played. If not your a moron and god help anyone you 'coach'.

Grow up