Interview with Mike Lester

Evening everyone,

Not posted on here for a while I don't think but I interviewed my 7th former Oldham player at the weekend after meeting Mike Lester in Manchester's Northern Quarter for a couple of drinks.

Mike joined Oldham as a schoolboy and went right the way through before making his debut on Boxing Day 1972.

Scored 2 goals in 29 appearances during his time at Boundary Park before moving to Man City.

Mike spoke about being extremely happy as a kid at Oldham, his full first team debut at Brentford and smashing his knee playing for the reserves.

If you've not had a look at the website before, if you click on our Oldham section you'll also find interviews with ex-players Bruce Grobbelaar, David Cross, Paul Jones, Andy Holt, Asa Hartford and Mike Flynn.

http://mytimeinfootball.com/Mike_Lester

Evening everyone,

Not posted on here for a while I don't think but I interviewed my 7th former Oldham player at the weekend after meeting Mike Lester in Manchester's Northern Quarter for a couple of drinks.

Mike joined Oldham as a schoolboy and went right the way through before making his debut on Boxing Day 1972.

Scored 2 goals in 29 appearances during his time at Boundary Park before moving to Man City.

Mike spoke about being extremely happy as a kid at Oldham, his full first team debut at Brentford and smashing his knee playing for the reserves.

If you've not had a look at the website before, if you click on our Oldham section you'll also find interviews with ex-players Bruce Grobbelaar, David Cross, Paul Jones, Andy Holt, Asa Hartford and Mike Flynn.

http://mytimeinfootball.com/Mike_Lester

Some great stuff there. Thanks for posting.

Yeah, enjoyed that.... and looking at the other Latics interviewees.... an interesting answer from Mike Flynn.....

Do you have any regrets?

.....I wouldn't have signed for Barnsley. The fans were horrible. Strange people. Funny town. I wouldn't have gone there. Everything else I wouldn't change.

Enjoyed that. If pushed I'd have thought Mike played many more games for us than he did

It did seem to me that he played more games than he did for us, I remember speaking to him at Maine road on a Tuesday night at half time when he was playing for City. I was a ballboy (before you ask if I was a City fan, the answer is no, my uncle was tasked with providing youngsters to ballboy for City games and I got to do it), but Mike seemed pleased to talk to a Latics fan, and it made my evening extra special.