Bolton Wanderers (friendly)

Come on BP1969 you must know by now that whoever we get beat by are always classed as bang average. It's all our own fault when we lose.

True, but we can't really go off friendlies like that P1 as far as the Latics performance is concerned, hardly a tackle was made with umpteen players in all sorts of positions on show.

They can give some guide to individual ability though, and we know already the good and bad points about George Green for example.

I'd be concerned about Gunning, looks to have long term fitness problem.

Ploj is a difficult one, is he one of those you don't see until he puts the ball in the net?

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but we can't really go off friendlies like that P1 as far as the Latics performance is concerned, hardly a tackle was made with umpteen players in all sorts of positions on show.

They can give some guide to individual ability though, and we know already the good and bad points about George Green for example.

I'd be concerned about Gunning, looks to have long term fitness problem.

Ploj is a difficult one, is he one of those you don't see until he puts the ball in the net?

Unfortunately I was unable to make last night due to work and am down south for Saturdays so my judgements on any of them will have to wait until the Boro game. I can't wait!!!

Unfortunately I was unable to make last night due to work and am down south for Saturdays so my judgements on any of them will have to wait until the Boro game. I can't wait!!!

I think we will be more prepared for Boro this time and have a good go at them, last year was a bit of an awakening.

I think we will be more prepared for Boro this time and have a good go at them, last year was a bit of an awakening.

I hope so. The last 2 years against Derby and then Boro as first home games have been deflating.

It will help if we can start the season on the front foot. That doesn't necessarily mean we have to beat Boro but we need to show more than we have previously at the same stage in order to give encouragement for the league fixtures