Winchester.....

Poll added 13th October 2015  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would we amass more points with or without Carl Winchester at RM/CM for the rest of the season?

• More points with him in the side
    • More points without him in the side

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I'm enjoying the win lets hope it continues, Dunn can take little credit for the way he has treated Winchester though.

I heard that Winchester has struggled to adapt to Dunn's approach in training and has only recently started to knuckle down and get to grips with the style of play. Hence his recent appearances from the start of games. Dunn has worked with him and it has borne fruit. My source? Dunn himself.

Edited by TheBigDog

Oh I'm enjoying the win lets hope it continues, Dunn can take little credit for the way he has treated Winchester though.

On the contrary you could say that a spell out of the team has done him good, shown him that last season means nothing if you are not performing in this one.

I know you are not happy because he isn't picking your mate Coleman but letting that cloud your judgement over everything else is just silly...

How has he treated him?

He didn't deserve to be in the team. Then he showed up in training & was given a chance which he's now taken. He hasnt treated him badly.

Maybe it made Carl realise he has to knuckle down & work every single day if he wants to be successful.

Undoubted talent & last seasons form does not guarantee you a starting place.

You can't show it when you're on the bench.

In hindsight, he should've been a starter, if Dunn has forecasted a step back from playing, Forte injured requiring surgery and Croft, well, not up to it.

He was consistently good last season, this season he was given two games - against top of the league and Middlesbrough - where he wasn't at his best, then forgotten about until Peterborough, where we were dead-team-walking. Since then he's played 3 times and he's done well in all of them.

The short-termism of managers is the cause (unless there's something going on behind the scenes) for constant rotation of teams, and it doesn't help the young lads at all. Look forward to seeing Winchester and Philliskirk from now on, if they can continue in form.

He hasnt replaced Dunn, he hasnt replaced Forte, he hasnt replaced Croft. He has replaced Higdon on Saturday and Poleon last night!

And most of his fans wanted him to replace Philliskirk! It is not short termism, it is called being pragmatic-picking a team to get 3 points or at least avoid defeat!

Every football manager has to make these sorts of choices. Dunn at the moment is making the right ones! Hopefully Winchester will carry on working hard

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Winchester is doing what he has always done like I said if Dunn wants to take credit for that that's up to him, he shouldn't of been left out whilst players like Brown and Croft were being accommodated because they run around a lot in training. It was only really a piss poor performance against Scunthorpe that forced Dunns hand, he didn't fancy Carl in his team its as simple as that, now he can't leave him out because he is doing what he did last season, we must have the most fickle fans in the land, majority of you were knocking the lad two week ago now you all want to take credit for Dunn making him into the player he already was!!!

Winchester is doing what he has always done like I said if Dunn wants to take credit for that that's up to him, he shouldn't of been left out whilst players like Brown and Croft were being accommodated because they run around a lot in training. It was only really a piss poor performance against Scunthorpe that forced Dunns hand, he didn't fancy Carl in his team its as simple as that, now he can't leave him out because he is doing what he did last season, we must have the most fickle fans in the land, majority of you were knocking the lad two week ago now you all want to take credit for Dunn making him into the player he already was!!!

Nobody was knocking him, we all k ow he has talent. People were purley posting legitimate reasons why they thought he wasn't playing.

Unless you go to training everyday you cannot state for sure why Winchester wasn't playing.

Oh & he isn't doing g what he always does because there have been spells in his career where he has been weak & unfit. He also only really made in the centre of midfield last season.

No player should be in the team if he doesn't show the right application in training. I'm not saying that's the case but there's an argument for it.

Dean Holden under 2 different managers clearly hasn't been pushing for him. Wonder why!

No player should be in the team if he doesn't show the right application in training.

Some great footballers have been terrible trainers. Often because they can be.

Dunn's....ahem.....shape throughout much of his career suggests he may have been one of them...

Edited by HarryBosch

Some great footballers have been terrible trainers. Often because they can be.

Dunn's....ahem.....shape throughout much of his career suggests he may have been one of them...

I bet you can't name many 21 yr old league 1 footballers in that category?

FFS You argue/discuss like my wife does!

I told her last week that it is impossible to boil the water for my cuppa until she effing plugs the bleeding kettle in. She then boiled water in a pan and still thinks that she has won that argument. As in her case I just give up bleeding bothering

I told her last week that it is impossible to boil the water for my cuppa until she effing plugs the bleeding kettle in. She then boiled water in a pan and still thinks that she has won that argument. As in her case I just give up bleeding bothering

No I just think I'm right about Winchester the way you constantly think you are.

Did the water boil?

And the kettle wasn't plugged in.

I'm no expert, but surely she did win that argument?