David Dunn: Can he do it and will it change?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And had to pay up a 2 year contract

I wonder if there was a clause to get us out of any payment should the contract be terminated early? I have no idea of course but I thought at the time it was strange that Kelly was given 2 years straight off the bat when Dickov and Johnson both started on 12 month contracts. As did Sheridan I think? Not sure about Penney

Not sure but I think Dunn may have the odd connection at Blackburn. Doubt he'd have to try too hard. Dickov got Evina for nowt back in his spell because his pal Steve Bould was academy coach at Arsenal

This

am fairly sure he'll have enough mates in the right places to wangle us a cheap player on loan

Edited by OAFCM35

And had to pay up a 2 year contract

Very unlikely, I am pretty sure Corney will have tried to get an early break clause in there after an initial trial period. Kelly will have taken it too as it was a job too good to turn down full stop.

Edited by Blue_Guru

We've just sacked the manager and replaced him with a man already on the payroll...

The managers and coaching staff wages are excluded from the FFP/Salary Management Protocol or whatever rules it is that are used in League One I think so wouldn't make any difference with Dunn still being registered as a player.

Edited by RobOAFC