David Dunn: Can he do it and will it change?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Define a troll then, someone who has an opinion different from your own? I dont like the underhand way our current board do things, now I know your the only paid up member of the Barry Owen club so we are unlikely to see eye to eye, but troll - really??

I really couldn't careless if you agree with me or not. Or whether you think we could see eye to eye. I merely make an observation regarding your everything negative posts and have asked the question due to genuinely wondering are they for a rise purposes only. If not, then I'll continue to read them and form a basis of where you and I stand on the issues. If it's troll stuff then I'll ignore it.

As for BO. I've had my run in's with him down the years and taken issue with him when I felt he was wrong. Paid up? behave, I follow no man and dislike packs even more.

They can all talk the talk.

Darren Kelly was 100% positivity.

I hope he doesn't hack too many current players off demanding massive improvement, when he didn't do it himself.

We'll soon see if they put a shift in on Saturday. Let's hope Dony have not got their man by then.

But, there is a glimmer of hope. Proof is in the pudding.

I for one will give him a chance as I would anyone who tries, if after a few games we can see he has not got the dressing room then moan. I think it will all be about if he has the support of the players or not if he does then it will work. I think he will get advise from big Sam.

Have we kept the same team in consecutive games yet so far? Not entirely Kelly's fault given the amount of injuries, but Dunn has to pick a team and persist with them.

A view to utilising the loan market for 'first-teamers' means that stability will probably have to wait a couple of weeks.

I want dunn to do well i really do, but i cant help but feel he was in the know before kelly went, and this makes me feel he is a sly :censored:er only intrested in himself. If he fails i wont feel sorry for him in the slightest.

I still don't get this.

Let's say Dunn was this paragon of virtue some of you seem to expect him to be.

Corney speaks to him once he's been here a few weeks & asks him - a vastly experienced, senior player who's worked under lots of managers good and bad - what he thinks of Darren Kelly.

Is he supposed to be honest if the answer was "yeah, he's good. I'm really impressed" but dishonest if the answer was "he's clueless, what possessed you to give him the job?".

Also, if Corney has met with him in July and asked him to come and play for us with a view to taking over in the future from a manager he's already got early reservations about - what would you have wanted Dunn to do?

I still don't get this.

Corney speaks to him once he's been here a few weeks & asks him - a vastly experienced, senior player who's worked under lots of managers good and bad - what he thinks of Darren Kelly.

Is he supposed to be honest if the answer was "yeah, he's good. I'm really impressed" but dishonest if the answer was "he's clueless, what possessed you to give him the job?".

Also, if Corney has met with him in July and asked him to come and play for us with a view to taking over in the future from a manager he's already got early reservations about - what would you have wanted Dunn to do?

Explained the situation to 2 separate people now (not oafc fans), both of whom said that if he thought he'd dropped a bollock with Kelly then getting Dunn in as a back up if it went tits up was a really good bit of business.

I still don't get this.

That's not the way it's panned out, though.

Dunn came in the knowledge any slip-ups and he would take the reigns - Mike Keegan implied that as soon as he signed and the interview today suggests the same.

It's hard to have qualms with Dunn in the situation - you would hope and expect he has got on with the job as a player with professionalism and ignored the vested interest in Kelly's failure - but it is with Corney that I have issue with.

It's wrong to expose Kelly to potential corrosive influences under his nose, especially when there are inklings that this coup was going to take place. Have back ups in your mind if in doubt, but to discuss it with that person and then to allow them inside the squad is poor form and is unfair on Kelly.

Dunn came in the knowledge any slip-ups and he would take the reigns - Mike Keegan implied that as soon as he signed and the interview today suggests the same.

It's hard to have qualms with Dunn in the situation - you would hope and expect he has got on with the job as a player with professionalism and ignored the vested interest in Kelly's failure - but it is with Corney that I have issue with.

It's wrong to expose Kelly to potential corrosive influences under his nose, especially when there are inklings that this coup was going to take place. Have back ups in your mind if in doubt, but to discuss it with that person and then to allow them inside the squad is poor form and is unfair on Kelly.

This

How come nobody moaned about this while it was happening?

How come nobody moaned about this while it was happening?

Because everytime any info, which seems to be remarkably accurate this season for some reason, comes through, the person who shares it is derided as a bull:censored:ter, Corney-hater, attention seeker etc. and it becomes less credible. Also it was only implied by Keegan, we probably didn't infer it or fully expect it to happen like this

I think we could all see there was something not quite right though

Because everytime any info, which seems to be remarkably accurate this season for some reason, comes through, the person who shares it is derided as a bull:censored:ter, Corney-hater, attention seeker etc. and it becomes less credible. Also it was only implied by Keegan, we probably didn't infer it or fully expect it to happen like this

Indeed...!

Eh?

He did numerous interviews and newspaper pieces saying he's looking to get into management from the off....

Without coming across all negative, whose paying for these players? By all accounts we aint got a pot to piss in.

Not sure but I think Dunn may have the odd connection at Blackburn. Doubt he'd have to try too hard. Dickov got Evina for nowt back in his spell because his pal Steve Bould was academy coach at Arsenal