Sheffield Utd co chairman having a rant....

£8m a year, for 3 years, bloody hell.

Thats more in one year, than we have had in a decade I reckon!

probabley not far off what Wigan spent every year for seven years to get out of this division tbh no gaurentee of success ! and some on here question why corney doesent push the boat out and spend a bit to get us out of this division

probabley not far off what Wigan spent every year for seven years to get out of this division tbh no gaurentee of success ! and some on here question why corney doesent push the boat out and spend a bit to get us out of this division

Exactly, our entire debt it £6m.

Imagine the palpitations of that every year!

Truth is we only have a good amateur's guess at the financial situation of the club? We have no real idea of income and expenditure? . We have no real idea of who is taking out / putting in Money? We have no real idea who is benefitting from new stand income? We have no real idea who benefiited from the various land deals? We have no real idea how much of theI unbudgetted income from recent cup runs and T V went back into the club?

Tarkowski's, clarke Harris et al going for "undisclosed" amounts for example I think shows one the more obvious holes in our knowledge......how much did we get for the houses....how much is the Council paying for gym....what is Sports Direct rent....how much is the refreshment franchise in the new stand?

There is no conspiracy theory here just an expressed view that any of us talking about club finances are basing views on speculation or best guesses?

Truth is we only have a good amateur's guess at the financial situation of the club? We have no real idea of income and expenditure? . We have no real idea of who is taking out / putting in Money? We have no real idea who is benefitting from new stand income? We have no real idea who benefiited from the various land deals? We have no real idea how much of theI unbudgetted income from recent cup runs and T V went back into the club?

Tarkowski's, clarke Harris et al going for "undisclosed" amounts for example I think shows one the more obvious holes in our knowledge......how much did we get for the houses....how much is the Council paying for gym....what is Sports Direct rent....how much is the refreshment franchise in the new stand?

There is no conspiracy theory here just an expressed view that any of us talking about club finances are basing views on speculation or best guesses?

I think that it is more than a best guess to say unequivocally that we are skint with a shrinking fan base losing money every season and propped up by a long term loan. We have not had the money to complete the new stand on time and those costs have gone at least £2M over the original estimate which has had to be borrowed. We dont need 'undisclosed' fees to be disclosed. We will still be skint, probably even further in debt by the time when the stand is finished! We dont own our own ground but at least we arent Bury

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Personally, I think after all the land sales and rents, streets of housing and player sales that TTA are raking it in.

I also think that the established £6m debt that was actually seen by trustworthy members on here, will have increased to around £8m by now.

The total liabilities that OAFC has as at July 2014 were £8.2million do a google search on OAFC accounts you should find a site called Endole where these things are published with the completion of the stand I would imagine that this has gone up significantly. However so have the clubs assets so it's not all bad

Edited by GlossopLatic

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/04989487/oldham-athletic-2004-association-football-club-limited?page=financials

See here for those of you who get excited by this type of thing. Its a high level overview but this was taken from year July 2013 to June 2014 You don't go down to the nitty gritty of it though. No doubt it will have changed abit since then.