OAFC Cultural References

Just found this while wasting the company's time. From the 1979 TV film The Knowledge. This is what OASIS have to put up with whenever the northern oafs descend.

https://youtu.be/5OJh_FtQR7Q?list=PLrBOAaphyOT2TcSOPKoPthZSDhKx85F_1&t=638

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

There's a brilliant (early 60's) documentary on YouTube called 'The end of a street'. Think it was on ITV originally and is about the knocking down/rebuilding of the old St Mary's. There's enough to keep locals interested without a Tics reference but there's an old boy on there who talks about having his ashes scattered on BP. Well worth a watch.

There's a brilliant (early 60's) documentary on YouTube called 'The end of a street'. Think it was on ITV originally and is about the knocking down/rebuilding of the old St Mary's. There's enough to keep locals interested without a Tics reference but there's an old boy on there who talks about having his ashes scattered on BP. Well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S97Bqlj8hfA

https://

www.youtube.com/watch?

v=S97Bqlj8hfA

If you scroll down a bit theres some footage of the Clayton arms.some familiar faces with dodgy barnets. Made me smile remembering when i wound do anything to watch latics

Enjoyed that.

Madness to think that even in the 60s lots of people in Oldham didn't have running hot water or indoor bath and toilet facilities.

I had to go to a terraced house in Shaw around 2005 where the old man who'd passed away had no indoor bathroom or toilet but I put it down to being in Shaw.

Enjoyed that.

Madness to think that even in the 60s lots of people in Oldham didn't have running hot water or indoor bath and toilet facilities.

I had to go to a terraced house in Shaw around 2005 where the old man who'd passed away had no indoor bathroom or toilet but I put it down to being in Shaw.

The Oldham Chron was put to good use, ripped up into squares and hung from a nail.

I remember watching an early '80s (Channel 4?) documentary about the Shaw Road Estate and the demolition of the old terraced houses. It was the inspiration for Everything But The Girl's 'Anytown' - which includes the line: "Summer in the driving rain and I can hear the Oldham train".