Why are we so poor at home?

9th on the away table. Unbeaten.

23rd on the home table. 6 points out of 27.

I'd be tempted to say it's that negative tactics suit away fixtures, but we're second only to Crewe for goals conceded at home. If tactics are so negative, how are we conceding so many?

Anybody else got a clue? (Except the 1% theory)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have not once taken a game to the opposition this season home or away. Sitting in & picking teams off away from home although we struggle to do that hence 225 draws.

The same tactics at home where the visitors are likley to set up in a similar fashion makes for no entertainment, lack of home goals and losses to well organised sides.

Simply put. It's the management who are afraid to lose so won't set up any other way!

We have not once taken a game to the opposition this season home or away. Sitting in & picking teams off away from home although we struggle to do that hence 225 draws.

The same tactics at home where the visitors are likley to set up in a similar fashion makes for no entertainment, lack of home goals and losses to well organised sides.

Simply put. It's the management who are afraid to lose so won't set up any other way!

But we lose anyway (or draw at best), so why not try something else?

Edited by BP1960

9th on the away table. Unbeaten.

23rd on the home table. 6 points out of 27.

I'd be tempted to say it's that negative tactics suit away fixtures, but we're second only to Crewe for goals conceded at home. If tactics are so negative, how are we conceding so many?

Anybody else got a clue? (Except the 1% theory)

its with all the grief the players get at home according to Dunn!! I didn't hear no abuse to the players from the north stand, all I can put in down to is a set of pussys an :censored: 4-5-1 tactics to a a team who have lost 8 in a row and got turned over by altringham!!!

its with all the grief the players get at home according to Dunn!! I didn't hear no abuse to the players from the north stand, all I can put in down to is a set of pussys an :censored: 4-5-1 tactics to a a team who have lost 8 in a row and got turned over by altringham!!!

It's not about pussies/lack of desire/commitment, we just don't have any good players.

Why are we so poor at home? Is it not just possible that our poor home form is actually an accurate representation of our ability?

No, when we have a go we look alright.

Instead we try and drain the life out of every match, the opposition and everybody in the ground to secure a clean sheet and hopefully pick them off with one goal. This we're not very good at.

If we had a go all the time we'd be comfortably mid table at worst and maybe, just maybe, threatening to get promoted.

We'd also have more paying supporters the proceeds from whom could be spent on better players in January and beyond...

The shot stats suggest that they are not quite as bad as the league table says.

I mentioned they had 16 shots at goal last week and played well although losing, they will climb above us table in the table sad to say.

Edited by BP1960