Trust Oldham question

Not that I aware of to both questions....but I will ask at our next meeting.

TBA Rummy

No worries, I was just wondering if you were planning to go to the North West Fundraising meeting evening at Broadhurst Park in February- it's free to members and affiliates, and £10 per ticket for non-members. I'm wiling to donate tickets for two Oldham Trust delegates to go if you're not members. I think this is an opportunity you guys need to take up.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/news-article/sd-north-west-regional-meeting-fundraising

In fact, my brains engaged I do remember a meeting a few months ago about membership of a supporters association and I think, Jorvik agreed to take up the reigns on this one

I know he's away at the moment and due back soon so I am sure he sill play catch up on here to confirm what the score is.

But I will ask anyway...TBA folks

Didn't the trust resign from the Supporters Direct as they felt it was giving no benefit for the subscription fee ? or am I confusing it with a different organisation ?

Rings a bell.

Rejoining may help grow credibility.

..or was asking someone awkward questions....

Truthfully, sometimes the certificate is not worth the effort or disruption having to tick the box. Being all volunteers could put a lot of time pressure on them to comply. Interesting. Nice one Rummy.

..or was asking someone awkward questions....Truthfully, sometimes the certificate is not worth the effort or disruption having to tick the box. Being all volunteers could put a lot of time pressure on them to comply. Interesting. Nice one Rummy.

Is it a social gathering or is it an effective body. Membership would improve perception.

No worries, I was just wondering if you were planning to go to the North West Fundraising meeting evening at Broadhurst Park in February- it's free to members and affiliates, and £10 per ticket for non-members. I'm wiling to donate tickets for two Oldham Trust delegates to go if you're not members. I think this is an opportunity you guys need to take up.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/news-article/sd-north-west-regional-meeting-fundraising

I'll take you up on the offer of a ticket, thanks. I'll see who wants to join me too. What do you need from me?

I'll take you up on the offer of a ticket, thanks. I'll see who wants to join me too. What do you need from me?

I'll get the tickets and forward them onto an address when they arrive, if you just PM me a forwarding address - I'll sort everything out.

Cheers.

Is it a social gathering or is it an effective body. Membership would improve perception.

I do agree, but in some of these types of organisations, the paperwork involved is extremely onerous, and could unfar pressure on volunteers. Obviosuly we do not not know, and good that Rummy has offered and glad at least one person is going to see.

I'd rather that time was spent on fundraising and engagement. But it depends if it is reams of paperwork for membership.

It was also noted a certain leader pulled out was it the awkwardness or was it genuine.

• 1 month later...