FOR SALE : SEASON TICKET £75

It appears that there is no longer any common adhesive that binds all the supporters to this club, it's lost it's identity. We are left arguing about our reasons for going or not going, whether someone deserves to be called a supporter or not based on their level of attendance. It's so sad that this is what it's come to.

The demise is not our fault, it's not the players fault and neither is it Dunn's fault, the blame lies solely with the Board. It is them that thought you could ignore the supporters in its decision making and it's them that believe that you can buy cheap without adding value and the product will still maintain its attractiveness..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that there is no longer any common adhesive that binds all the supporters to this club, it's lost it's identity. We are left arguing about our reasons for going or not going, whether someone deserves to be called a supporter or not based on their level of attendance. It's so sad that this is what it's come to.

The demise is not our fault, it's not the players fault and neither is it Dunn's fault, the blame lies solely with the Board. It is them that thought you could ignore the supporters in its decision making and it's them that believe that you can buy cheap without adding value and the product will still maintain its attractiveness..

I'm intrigued as to what you think the board have removed from the club's identity, as Corney has outdated my own attendance at Latics...

I'm intrigued as to what you think the board have removed from the club's identity, as Corney has outdated my own attendance at Latics...

The "family club" thing has really gone to the dogs with the whole Lee Hughes / Ched Evans madness.... Plus we don't have any offering for children any more do we ? No kids club etc....

Edited by oafc0000

Pretty much sums things up for me...the ones that will be left are those comfortable supporting out of blind loyalty. This 12 months has tested more than any in my lifetime (30 years).

The reality is for the majority of possible supporters on offer to hand over their money for things as they are is not good sense. Never mind trying to recruit the next generation of fans...we can't rely on mum's and dads telling their kids to follow and support oldham on a Saturday anymore because the majority aren't doing it themselves!

The "family club" thing has really gone to the dogs with the whole Lee Hughes / Ched Evans madness.... Plus we don't have any offering for children any more do we ? No kids club etc....

I don't dispute the first bits but you're wrong about the second. There's the family section in the RRE with activities, the Community Trust have a matchday club, the club recently had the junior takeover.

I don't dispute the first bits but you're wrong about the second. There's the family section in the RRE with activities, the Community Trust have a matchday club, the club recently had the junior takeover.

Cool! It all went for a while but I am glad to hear it is back!

For a while now it has felt like the club is just ticking over, trying to get the stand finished with little focus elsewhere. Presumably with a view to making us as saleable as possible.

The people Corney has put in charge seem like nothing more than caretakers. There's no apparent drive to connect with fans, no clear direction for the team, nothing to feel part of.

Until we get taken over then I can't see any of that changing. For me the dream scenario would be a local successful business person who's a lifelong fan wanting to dedicate themselves (and their money to some extent) to putting the club back on the right track. Pipe dream probably.