New American owner. They all buy an English club in the end...

I've heard a few stories that something is going on re a takeover but I've been hearing them for several months without anything happening.

I've also been told that that Corney and Blitz (all my sources agree he's still in control) are in it for the long haul and are planning to knock down and rebuild the main stand next summer. I've also been told the guy who built the north stand has turned down the opportunity to do the main stand because of the problems he's had getting the money off them for the North Stand.

Who knows what to believe?

I've heard a few stories that something is going on re a takeover but I've been hearing them for several months without anything happening.

I've also been told that that Corney and Blitz (all my sources agree he's still in control) are in it for the long haul and are planning to knock down and rebuild the main stand next summer. I've also been told the guy who built the north stand has turned down the opportunity to do the main stand because of the problems he's had getting the money off them for the North Stand.

I would not believe the last one because the company that built the stand is part owned by Blitz and Corney.

And he is a regular volunteer in the ticket office.https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07025892/PCW-DEVELOPMENTS-LIMITED/summary

Edited by singe

I take your point (and yes he does volunteer in the ticket office and posts on here occasionally) but of the 3, that comes from the most reliable source.

It's not his fault the stand has been delayed. No doubt he finds it very stressful not being able to make his payments to his suppliers because he hasn't been paid. Would he want go through that again?

I take your point (and yes he does volunteer in the ticket office and posts on here occasionally) but of the 3, that comes from the most reliable source.

It's not his fault the stand has been delayed. No doubt he finds it very stressful not being able to make his payments to his suppliers because he hasn't been paid. Would he want go through that again?

All builders are used to poor / late payments from companies and usually the bigger the company the bigger the delay in payment.

As much as SC can frustrate us fans he has never come across as a 'dodgy' operator money wise, if there was cash flow problems and delays in paying for various stages of the stand (as I'm sure their was) then I feel confident SC would have been honest with the builder. I don't think it would have scared the builder off and if their was money to build a new main stand the north stand would be already paid for.

The club could lose hundreds of fans if they demolish the main stand. Many like myself won't renew season tickets or pay on the gate if we are offered the Rochdale Road end or rain affected seats in the North Stand, especially if it takes as long as the North Stand to build. Maybe a rebuild in stages rather than a demolish would be better.

Edited by BP1960

The club could lose hundreds of fans if they demolish the main stand. Many like myself won't renew season tickets or pay on the gate if we are offered the Rochdale Road end or rain affected seats in the North Stand, especially if it takes as long as the North Stand to build. Maybe a rebuild in stages rather than a demolish would be better.

I've sat in main stand for 26 years. Hate sitting behind the goal so would have to be north stand for me. Although would have been near the back lol

If they build another like the North Stand, BP will have lost everything I liked about it. Can't be arsed with another identi-stand or one being knocked down for essentially corporate purposes.

Sat in the North Stand last week for the first time, it reaffirmed my opinion that the Main Stand is the most beautiful stand in world football, and if you think the new one is better, you need your head checking.

The next stand they are looking at is actually the chaddy end. All pie in the sky at the mo but it'd be reduced capacity with boxes in. A small North Stand bringing in more revenue.

What about the famous fault with the north stand foundations, do they have to fix that first? :coffee1:

They'll have to demolish it at some point, it's the most decrepit/health and safety risk.

I don't think there is enough room for a replica of the North Stand.

Obviosuly depends on the design.

We've enough space to move everyone, just means treating those fans right.

They'll have to demolish it at some point, it's the most decrepit/health and safety risk.

I don't think there is enough room for a replica of the North Stand.

Obviosuly depends on the design.

We've enough space to move everyone, just means treating those fans right.

It was all ok until the last paragraph.

What about the famous fault with the north stand foundations, do they have to fix that first? :coffee1:

The reification work was all done with the help of a loan, that runs into a lot of money. Oh no sorry, it was all delayed due to the electricity. Edited by Clifford