Independent Article

Is the author of this article a fan or reported on OAFC in past? I know The Independent has in the past but the two writers may be different.

However, there's a clear agenda here to suggest money being made by the owners directly or indirectly whilst they refuse to pay the going rate for assistant managers and players.

Yes the same can apply to other clubs at this level but it's coincidental this is released after recent events at our club even though most of the content has been in public domain for a number of years.

The author was involved in a big story around the whole Chedgate affair, I think it may have involved the story about Ched's father-in-law and sponsorship, but I'm not too certain.

This article doesn't affect my view of the landlords or other members of the board.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, that would mark me out as a conspiracy theorists, with ever more bizarre beliefs that it is all some master plan.

I wouldn't say that believing separation of club and ground are a terrible thing for any football club and that OAFC have been mismanaged and suffered from executive neglect are conspiracy theories. I'm not getting this info from the radio Fidel Castro has put in my head, these are facts.

The reason why they will only call it in if we reach the PL is that is the only time we are likely to make a substantial profit. If they tried to get it back now they would bankrupt the club before they got the vast majority of it back.

The debt is probably around the £10 million mark now anyway however it's not as bigger problem as some think it is their is different types of debt. Owing it to an individual like Simon Blitz is a lot different to the debt that man United have to the bank which works like a mortgage I. E. You pay the bank back so much over so many years and if you fail to meet it the bank repossess your house and then sells it.

A quick look at the 'Company Check' website states Latics has a net worth / shareholder equity of £-4.7m, with total liabilities of £8.2m.

I presume the £4.7m is the current net input from Simon Blitz?

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/04989487/OLDHAM-ATHLETIC-2004-ASSOCIATION-FOOTBALL-CLUB-LIMITED/summary

I have no idea who will buy us in the future as there is literally nothing left to buy.... It either works under the current board or I fear we are facing a future away from BP as a phoenix club.

I wish the council had kept the land all those years ago... and to think I was dumb enough to support the council selling it at the time. More fool me...

Out of interest, how many clubs in the football league actually own their ground?

Out of interest, how many clubs in the football league actually own their ground?

good question,would take a long while finding out I suspect.From those that are rented it'd then be instructive to see how many were once owned by the club but then hived off & how many owners would be better off if it was demolished

At the end of the recent interview with Corney he says

"At he end of the day we own the ground. Everything is in our own hands".

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/youtube-simon-corney-speaks-after-appointing-john-sheridan-as-manager-2901421.aspx

Blatantly a piece written using a lot of information from a man who mid-week was telling the Manchester Evening News that he wanted to leave the club with "dignity". A few points have been raised which will help the Corney Out camp - I sit in it to be honest - but it's an awful article in my view.

And you know this how? Dunn would have no idea about half the stuff in the article, the Clayton Arms was demolished and the houses built years before he even came to the club. And he obviously had :censored: all to do with the Kevin Russel fiasco.

Keep blaming Dunn for everything, that'll see us alright in the end.

I'd have welcomed a light being shined on Brass Bank, and a balanced account of the benefits and pitfalls, but the article fell well short of any investigative merit.

Why?

It's Gazal & Blitz's company that was set up to build & then sell/rent property on the land around BP.

When and how has that ever needed a light shining on it?

At the end of the recent interview with Corney he says

"At he end of the day we own the ground. Everything is in our own hands".

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/youtube-simon-corney-speaks-after-appointing-john-sheridan-as-manager-2901421.aspx

If by 'we' he means his mates he's correct.If he means OAFC he's lying or having a senior moment.'We' have a 20 year lease on our ancestral home & no ownership of it whatsoever.It was sold to council on understanding the club could buy it back,for whatever reason it was allowed to be sold off to individuals.

Look how it was mendaciously reported back then:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/boundary-park-bought-back-1120835

Comes across a bit better for the punters than the actual truth

Its funny to see the same old characters saying nothing to see here / we already know all this while the reality is, for all our 3% share, for our seat on the board and for all the promises of openness, the fan base still understands very little of what has gone on, who made what from what, and even what our position is on the ground ownership.

the actual truth

Even to this day I don't know what it is...

While we are often told that we should be ever so grateful the three amigos saved our sorry arses and we owe them money. I would love to know exactly how much the made off the land to compensate this lovingly generous contribution to our future.

Its funny to see the same old characters saying nothing to see here / we already know all this while the reality is, for all our 3% share, for our seat on the board and for all the promises of openness, the fan base still understands very little of what has gone on, who made what from what, and even what our position is on the ground ownership.

It was pretty clear during the phone in, but you probably didn't turn up.

Read the thread dedicated to it.

Just have...

Going off the bits you posted it would seem we RENT the ground...

And no one is shocked by this ? I thought we owned the ground but not the land it sat on... A sort of leasehold arrangement. It is the first time I have ever heard that we RENT the ground.

So we literally own nothing as a club now other than the players contract and some footballs for training ?

Just have...

Going off the bits you posted it would seem we RENT the ground...

And no one is shocked by this ? I thought we owned the ground but not the land it sat on... A sort of leasehold arrangement. It is the first time I have ever heard that we RENT the ground.

So we literally own nothing as a club now other than the players contract and some footballs for training ?

In a nut shell.

It's old news though...

From Brass Bank.

A guy like you knows the benefits of having group structures, Shirley?

I understand the value of ownership & assets vs owning :censored: all...

If the club is up for sale.... What is exactly up for sale is an interesting question... Is the ground and the land it sits on up for sale ?

I understand the value of ownership & assets vs owning :censored: all...

If the club is up for sale.... What is exactly up for sale is an interesting question... Is the ground and the land it sits on up for sale ?

Corney will listen to offers for part or all. That was in the thread too.