League Tables at 26th January

Bristolatic

Where The Subscription League Points Went:

Correct result W,L,D – Andy-latic, astottie, Bristolatic, Handsy, HarryBosch, JoeP, jorvik_latic, LaticsPete, milnrow latics, NewBlue, rudemedic, underdog, warwickshire latics

Correct Half Time Score – DavidCollinge, JoeP, jorvik_latic, NewBlue

Correct Full Time ScoreNewBlue

Correct No of Latics Goals – 24hoursfromtulsehill, aidan_latics, astottie, DavidCollinge, disjointed, Ex_pat, GravityGrave, lookersstandandy, NewBlue, nzlatic, rosa, stevesidg, Stevie_J

Correct No of Opposition Goals – astottie, Handsy, jorvik_latic, laticdickovarmy, NewBlue, SAV

First Latics Scorer – Handsy, JoeP

Within 100 of Attendance (4,057) – jorvik_latic (+56), SAV (-79)

Within 10 of Attendance (4,057) – No one close enough

Correct Attendance (4,057) – Ditto

NewBlue, jorvik_latic, astottie and Handsy moved up three places, whilst warwickshire latics, LaticsPete and underdog all dropped two places. Still pretty tight at the top with none of the first seven changing places

kWjf3pO.jpg?1

Where The Free-to-Play League Points Went:

Correct result W,L,D – maddog

Correct Half Time Score steveoafc

Correct Full Time Score – No correct predictions

Correct No of Latics GoalsJohn Platt, opinions4u, steveoafc

Correct No of Opposition Goals – Everyone thought we’d concede one

First Latics Scorer – No one went for Winiesta

Within 100 of Attendance (4,057)John Platt (-100)

Within 10 of Attendance (4,057) – No 10 pointers

Correct Attendance (4,057) – So none here, either

Not many points scored overall and, for the second week running, no change in League positions.

Bh2HDLo.jpg?1

It's getting to that point where there'll be very little movement now. I think you can count everyone underneath Carl Waters out of it, including Grass Rudemedic and his best friend Grass Rosa. It's all about points now, not performances.

I'm not quite sure where, or if, you fit into either of those. Doesn't need too much of a run for someone in 17th or 18th place to rocket up the table. You have been warned!

If Shez can get results to turn around It will be interesting how some of the top half players will be able to adapt they predictions. They will have to use guile, experience and skill, rather than predicting the same result week in, week out. Yes, I am especially looking at you Disjointed with your 1-1 (HT0-0) every bloody week.

If results start to improve some of the more optimistic and skilful players will start to make an impression on the league. Things might get interesting and allow for some players to breakaway.

24Hours has got the lowest points for the correct result of the top 6, and the lowest for correct full time score (2 games). If results start to change around, 24Hours might start to improve in both these areas and the potential to breakaway at the top.

Harry might benefit from an improvement in results as he has only predicted 1 more correct result than 24hours, and also has only got the correct full time score correct twice. But really, if it was not for the 41 attendance points he would be nowhere.

If Latics start winning games, Disjointed will have to pick something other than 1-1 & HT0-0 draws. If he can’t adapt it could see him slide down the table. To quote another Harry. Do you feel lucky punk?

The guys in 5th, 6th & 7th place (Stevesidg, looker & NZ (Does that stand for New Zealand?)) have some potential to move if results start to change. The thing is I can’t decide if it will be up or down.

As for Ex_pat, a change in results will need him to use his skill to adapt, and he needs to improve his attendance predictions to breakaway. He is looking forward to slugging it out with 24hours at the end of the season.

If Shez can get results to turn around It will be interesting how some of the top half players will be able to adapt they predictions. They will have to use guile, experience and skill, rather than predicting the same result week in, week out. Yes, I am especially looking at you Disjointed with your 1-1 (HT0-0) every bloody week.

If results start to improve some of the more optimistic and skilful players will start to make an impression on the league. Things might get interesting and allow for some players to breakaway.

24Hours has got the lowest points for the correct result of the top 6, and the lowest for correct full time score (2 games). If results start to change around, 24Hours might start to improve in both these areas and the potential to breakaway at the top.

Harry might benefit from an improvement in results as he has only predicted 1 more correct result than 24hours, and also has only got the correct full time score correct twice. But really, if it was not for the 41 attendance points he would be nowhere.

If Latics start winning games, Disjointed will have to pick something other than 1-1 & HT0-0 draws. If he can’t adapt it could see him slide down the table. To quote another Harry. Do you feel lucky punk?

The guys in 5th, 6th & 7th place (Stevesidg, looker & NZ (Does that stand for New Zealand?)) have some potential to move if results start to change. The thing is I can’t decide if it will be up or down.

As for Ex_pat, a change in results will need him to use his skill to adapt, and he needs to improve his attendance predictions to breakaway. He is looking forward to slugging it out with 24hours at the end of the season.

That's just about the same as I see it. Only Champions can have that level of insight. That's why we're Champions.

I'm still intrigued by the amateurs. It's like watching a pathetic girl fight to the death.

It's getting to that point where there'll be very little movement now. I think you can count everyone underneath Carl Waters out of it, including Grass Rudemedic and his best friend Grass Rosa. It's all about points now, not performances.

A lot can change very quickly in this game. It's been a tough couple of weeks but I'm not giving up a top four finish just yet.

From 21st to 8th since Christmas. 21 points adrift to 11. Put your money on the man with momentum.

The Liverpool-style title charge has begun; only hope our own Gerrard won't make me slip up..

Wow! the man in Form. Can he keep it up? (rhetoric, not a question to the partner)

Up 13 places, impressive. However I must say when you are top at Christmas, there only one direction to go.

Thanks for the insight Ex-Pat, having lofted myself into a challenging position by predicting the 1-1 (0-0) some would say that was decent predicting. At the time it made sense who knows if the strategy will change.

Don't go down the 24hrs route of trying to disrupt the "friendly league" you are much better than that.

Thanks for the insight Ex-Pat, having lofted myself into a challenging position by predicting the 1-1 (0-0) some would say that was decent predicting. At the time it made sense who knows if the strategy will change.

Don't go down the 24hrs route of trying to disrupt the "friendly league" you are much better than that.

I tell you what, sonny. When you've won it and owned it, you can start telling people what type of league it is and should be. Otherwise you can keep it shut. How's about that?

I tell you what, sonny. When you've won it and owned it, you can start telling people what type of league it is and should be. Otherwise you can keep it shut. How's about that?

Says the man who still refuses to change his sig despite blatantly using underhand, nay cheating, means in an attempt to achieve something he never even got close to. And then recently had the nerve and temerity to suggest that he was going about his work quietly. Quietly? I've only just stopped laughing.

With so many points still up for grabs, even those in the relegation spots can make a late, Blackpoolesque, challenge so don't anyone take anything for granted. Competition is fierce, but has to be fair and honest. Purple Nose Mind Games are fair tactics and completely acceptable, but the Prediction League's equivalent of feigning injury to get an opponent sent off is not. You know who I mean.

This is your Kevin Keegan moment.

keeganrant_450x300_zpsmqc4zv8i.jpg

I will be watching you, don't worry about that. I will be interested to see if you change in your next match prediction.

If Shez changes the clubs fortunes, some of predictors will start to struggle as they find it hard to be optimistic (you know Latics fans in the main are negative moaners).

Ex_pat will also have to adapt if fortunes change, but I know he has a more positive outlook than a lot of main stand moaners, so he should OK to transition to more positive results. (This was done in the 3rd person especially for Stevie_J, just to prove him right that I am cracking).

On a word about strategy, It is interesting to see 24hours posts silly predictions early on, then edits them near kick off. It gives me the impression he feels his predictions are being copied, so he tries to leave a false trail. Is that arrogance or guile. Time will tell.

I will make your Blackpool (home) prediction easy for you. Just copy and paste the results below. Now how more friendly can I get?

Latics 1-1 Lashers (HT0-0)

Murphy

God, I hope that does not come true, otherwise I might have to slash my wrists.