Grant Holt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laughing all the way to relegation, how funnies that.

You accused Corney of doing it on the cheap. I don't think that Gerrard is on the cheap. Higdon has gone to Tranmere and Holt to Rochdale - would suggest that both were within our means given we've gone out and got 2 strikers in. So it's probably more Sheridan's call than not wanting to splash the cash.

Besides, it was going wrong because Dunn wasn't playing Coleman, Winchester and Murphy wasn't it?

Shez has us playing consistently something Dunn couldn't manage, I think my point that Coleman and Winchester should of been playing has been justified, as for Murphy I never really championed him it was Dieng who I rated, I was ridiculed for having the audacity to say he was our best defender and had potential to play at an higher level.

Shez has us playing consistently something Dunn couldn't manage, I think my point that Coleman and Winchester should of been playing has been justified, as for Murphy I never really championed him it was Dieng who I rated, I was ridiculed for having the audacity to say he was our best defender and had potential to play at an higher level.

On Sheridan over Dunn, although at the time I thought Dunn was being blamed for more than he was at fault for, I agree that Sheridan is a much better option for many reasons. And on the playing front I agree too, with Dieng especially - there was a piece of skill he did at Doncaster away where he controlled a ball coming down with space dust on it then took it past an attacker, that you just don't see from an Oldham player very often. I was arguing against the "doing it on the cheap" accusation though.

:) Rightly so!

I have seen improvements in his game since Shez came came though. That being he is getting the basics correct more often.

Still isn't opening his mouth and letting the striker get on his wrong side far to often. I didn't go to Wigan but read on here he was excellent. On the highlights he was caught wrong side twice, eventually he won't be able to make that last gasp challenge. He also isnt anywhere where near good enough in the air, he isn't commanding and still ball watches. All reason he won't make the Championship. As always I hope Im wrong.

If we stay up I have doubts Shez will keep him as a centre half. Needs must at the moment. Shirtliff could really help him though.

Edited by palmer1

Can you let us all know this inside information you have on his wage demands then? Dale got less than 2000 at home last game, they arent throwing money at players, it isnt their style. Perhaps Holt is just prepared to play for Dale for very little.

Someone on radio mcr said it could add as many as a thousand extra to the gate.. Bet it doesn't