Grant Holt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does nothing of the sort

Shows Dale are prepared to throw money at someone that's all

Are Gerrard and Palmer and Lafferty and Dummigan "lower league cast offs"?

As you said, throwing money around!! All I'm saying is dale can, we can't and won't, except on a shinny new stand,

Didn't really want him, but it shows you how we are progressing when dale are signing a player on his wage structure and we are loaning lower league cast offs

Can you let us all know this inside information you have on his wage demands then? Dale got less than 2000 at home last game, they arent throwing money at players, it isnt their style. Perhaps Holt is just prepared to play for Dale for very little.

Holt is not on a wage structure.

Up until today he was unemployed having earned a very good living. He has gone back to a club he played for previously & had great affection for. Please stop comparing Dales finances to ours because just because you have heard of a footballer doesn't mean he is demanding massive wages & you don't have a clue.

Holt is not on a wage structure.

Up until today he was unemployed having earned a very good living. He has gone back to a club he played for previously & had great affection for. Please stop comparing Dales finances to ours because just because you have heard of a footballer doesn't mean he is demanding massive wages & you don't have a clue.

Like us all pal

Can you let us all know this inside information you have on his wage demands then? Dale got less than 2000 at home last game, they arent throwing money at players, it isnt their style. Perhaps Holt is just prepared to play for Dale for very little.

Maybe he is playing for pennies, but I just can't see him on a :censored: wage for the love of dale!! Just my opinion!! If that's ok

Personally, I think someone with Holt's experience, on a short-term deal, might have been invaluable in our relegation battle.

Can't help thinking that he and/or Ameobi were the big names that Gordon hinted at and that one or both were targets. In which case, I suspect the clubs they've gone to were willing to pay them more.

But it's irrelevant now, I suppose.

I'd love someone with Holts experience, let's see if Dale get a tune out of him or if we end up getting anything out of two strikers I've never heard of, Holt/Ameobi may well have kept us up problem is they won't play for peanuts, paying a decent striker £5k a week would of been a risk but what's the cost of relegation.

I'd love someone with Holts experience, let's see if Dale get a tune out of him or if we end up getting anything out of two strikers I've never heard of, Holt/Ameobi may well have kept us up problem is they won't play for peanuts, paying a decent striker £5k a week would of been a risk but what's the cost of relegation.

Where did the five grand a week come from? Just wondered.

Edited by Bristolatic

It's what a decent League 1 striker might command not the 600 a week Corney is getting used to paying for kids with something to prove.

Oh. I see. I didn't realise you had an insight into how much League 1 players might be earning. Silly me for setting you up for a little dig at SC.

£5k a week to the end of June is a fair old wedge for a crock who doesn't score anymore.

Personally, I think someone with Holt's experience, on a short-term deal, might have been invaluable in our relegation battle.

Can't help thinking that he and/or Ameobi were the big names that Gordon hinted at and that one or both were targets. In which case, I suspect the clubs they've gone to were willing to pay them more.

But it's irrelevant now, I suppose.

Looking where they have ended up you would imagine they were offered to us.

I don't have to have sly digs at Corney his manager recruitment and the budget he has given let's everyone know where his priorities lie, doing it on the cheap is looking like it will relegate us, if we had a Leon Clarke type upfront in the last couple of games we would of scored.

I don't have to have sly digs at Corney his manager recruitment and the budget he has given let's everyone know where his priorities lie, doing it on the cheap is looking like it will relegate us, if we had a Leon Clarke type upfront in the last couple of games we would of scored.

No point worrying about what you don't have Yardy.

The only league 1 clubs paying that sort of money are either still under contract from Championship (even Prem) days or it's a Chairman who looks at a short term fix like ermmmm Leyton Orient..........now what happened to them?

I love how so many wanted the new stand built (most complained it was too small at first - no ambition) but also want a massive budget for buying players and the complain about priorities. Do you even follow the club? Are you aware of our finances not just now but over the alst 20 years? what ecxactly do you expect?

5k per week for a 33 old target man who wont reach double figures...laughable!

Edited by palmer1

I love how so many wanted the new stand built (most complained it was too small at first - no ambition) but also want a massive budget for buying players and the complain about priorities. Do you even follow the club? Are you aware of our finances not just now but over the alst 20 years? what ecxactly do you expect?

I think he would have been an ideal signing to be honest but little point dwelling on it.

In addition to this, Gerrard won't be cheap. At the time CB was the most important problem to solve. This was not done on the cheap. Striker wasn't even considered to be a priority by many as Murphy was the answer. Now we're being cheap because we aren't spending big on one. It's laughable really.