1950s retro shirt

Hi all hope someone can help me out I'm after a 1950/51 retro shirt either to buy or borrow for a funeral in the next week I live in the shaw area but would be willing to collect from anywhere in the Oldham area please pm me if you can help with your number and I will get in touch

I've got a blue with a white stripe cotton shirt with a collar - not sure what decade it's from though. It's not an original I hasten to add but your welcome to borrow it if it's of any use. Please don't wash it though cos Chris Taylor signed it in Legends a few years ago :D

Edited by Hank Kingsley

Hi all hope someone can help me out I'm after a 1950/51 retro shirt either to buy or borrow for a funeral in the next week I live in the shaw area but would be willing to collect from anywhere in the Oldham area please pm me if you can help with your number and I will get in touch

Sorry, out of stock on site I posted.

Edited by BP1960

I've got one mate, I'm in Royton

Oldham_Athletic_1951-1953-cds.gif

Is it this one? I've got one somewhere. I'm in the middle of packing up all of my worldly belongings to move house and thought I might stumble upon it this weekend but no such luck. When do you need it for?

it's my favourite shirt but mine got stolen by one of my brazilian housemates when I lived in barca (good taste)

Only one I have! it fits just - purchased by my father when he went there for work - used to deal with Oldham batteries over at Denton. Drove across manchester to club shop to get it for me. Nearly got last years shirt - but decided against it. Stay up ill buy next years if i like the colour. Sadly my trips to UK are in summer - well been there once and will come again. Next year might be across in february though

Only one I have! it fits just - purchased by my father when he went there for work - used to deal with Oldham batteries over at Denton. Drove across manchester to club shop to get it for me. Nearly got last years shirt - but decided against it. Stay up ill buy next years if i like the colour. Sadly my trips to UK are in summer - well been there once and will come again. Next year might be across in february though

well if you fancy selling your Bovis one and it's in good condition I'd be happy to send you a new replacement over in exchange!

• 4 weeks later...

My pleasure. You make sure you get to more games than you have been ;)

It's great that sport can provide a commonality, and I know it's at a good home.

One day I'll make it to a game at BP. Funny how I've had a shirt and followed for 25 years and just felt yeah he deserves that shirt.