dean holden

Guest nonaenever

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Dean Holden brought anything positive to Oldham Athletic really does need their head examining. He was a very ordinary footballer for us - I would have said poor but I am trying to be balanced - and an absolutely terrible coach/caretaker manager/assistant etc - one of the worst I have ever seen - full stop.

any evidence to the contrary? his results perhaps?

probably dont way to go there do you....

"He's thick and uses old fashion methods"

"How do you know that?"

"Prove I'm wrong!"

Brilliant.

Don't understand the second line sorry.

"He's thick and uses old fashion methods"

"How do you know that?"

"Prove I'm wrong!"

Brilliant.

Don't understand the second line sorry.

give it a rest you condescending neg. bet you're gutted we grabbed a point today.

look. he's gone, he's now the enemy as far as I'm concerned and they are welcome to him. please dont reply i have no desire to talk to someone like you.

Edited by kowenicki

Other constants in that time... The board and the players. But yeah, Holden's probably the one who had the most influence on results.

As head coach/assistant during 4 separate managerial teams, it's fair to say he was fairly influential to the form during that time. We've seen with Sheridan that the players were underperforming, so while they've got to take some responsibility, so does Holden.

Although I agree about the board. Holden shouldn't have been given as many chances.

As head coach/assistant during 4 separate managerial teams, it's fair to say he was fairly influential to the form during that time. We've seen with Sheridan that the players were underperforming, so while they've got to take some responsibility, so does Holden.

Although I agree about the board. Holden shouldn't have been given as many chances.

Holden was involved throughout the bad run so of course he should shoulder some of the blame. But for people to hint that he's the main reason is unfair.

Shez was a great appointment but he's also brought in 4 key players that have made a huge difference to the team.

I don't understand the anger and personal attacks toward Holden from some, there can't be any doubt he worked his arse off as a player and a coach. It also came across that he had a real love for the club. It just didn't work out for him here. But he must have some qualities for a team much higher in the table to take him on. Anyway, as someone else said, time to move on.

an absolutely terrible coach/caretaker manager/assistant etc - one of the worst I have ever seen - full stop.

He was the 3rd worst coach/manager of last year for us.

He deserves his share of the blame, but the board should always take the majority of the blame for putting someone as inexperienced as him in such key positions at difficult times.

Holden was involved throughout the bad run so of course he should shoulder some of the blame. But for people to hint that he's the main reason is unfair.

Shez was a great appointment but he's also brought in 4 key players that have made a huge difference to the team.

I don't understand the anger and personal attacks toward Holden from some, there can't be any doubt he worked his arse off as a player and a coach. It also came across that he had a real love for the club. It just didn't work out for him here. But he must have some qualities for a team much higher in the table to take him on. Anyway, as someone else said, time to move on.

Okay, maybe I'm being too harsh. He seems like an honest bloke and my criticisms aren't personal, but professionally he just wasn't very good.

Okay, maybe I'm being too harsh. He seems like an honest bloke and my criticisms aren't personal, but professionally he just wasn't very good.

I think for about 14 months the entire club wasn't professionally very good!