Oldham Athletic Independent Supporters Association - Folded

Fortunately my schedule doesn't run to yours.

Would you rather be round the table, with eyes and ears open, or on the outside, desperately trying to peek through a window to grab what scraps of information come your way?

You mean the seat on the board is the big positive?

In what way? We don't get updates, but we do get told that a debt "might disappear" ; we get meaningless platitudes ; we end up with cashflow problems. The seat on the board doesn't appear to have done much apart from get the last incumbent a chance to end up in the club. A classic example of poor governance and what could be compared to "agency capture"

Cheers TGWB, I'm waiting for the new details with regards to membership and the who's who, is still to be completed with some info from the trust directors themselves.

I will keep you posted

Ta

Tracy, following your reply I also looked at the meetings page - there's dates for meetings that don't have matching meeting updates, and none mention membership numbers, so I gave up.

Still not sure whether there's anything being achieved for fans (rather than supplementing Corney's cashflow)

You mean the seat on the board is the big positive?

In what way? We don't get updates, but we do get told that a debt "might disappear" ; we get meaningless platitudes ; we end up with cashflow problems. The seat on the board doesn't appear to have done much apart from get the last incumbent a chance to end up in the club. A classic example of poor governance and what could be compared to "agency capture"

Do you believe you are entitled to "know it all"?

Tracy, following your reply I also looked at the meetings page - there's dates for meetings that don't have matching meeting updates, and none mention membership numbers, so I gave up.

Still not sure whether there's anything being achieved for fans (rather than supplementing Corney's cashflow)

Someone get this kid the membership numbers before they combust...

Someone get this kid the membership numbers before they combust...

That's hilarious.

Is it really such a major ask? Even tracy admits it's a valid question.

The trust has responsibility for the 3% stake and directors seat that I and many others contributed to.

If it can't even articulate its membership numbers, what faith is there that it can do anything of any worth?

Mock if you like, cos it's easier than wanting to see an effective trust doing something visible and gaining strength and momentum through increased membership

Where have I asked for that? Do you believe that comment on the debt disappearing?

I'm merely trying to understand whether you only want to know about the commercially sensitive data surrounding the accounts or whether your intense interest is the club goes down to how many blades of grass are cut per hour and where the tea lady is going on holiday in two years time.

So. Where do you draw the line?

Could a request for membership numbers really be classed as releasing commercially sensitive data?

He's on about loans for the club but also relates to his previous responses. He's set in his ways and unwilling to change, shouldn't challenge it I guess but he's busy giving flack out so I'll dish him some back.

(Awesome reverse psychology now because I've told him that)

((Doubly so))

He's on about loans for the club but also relates to his previous responses. He's set in his ways and unwilling to change, shouldn't challenge it I guess but he's busy giving flack out so I'll dish him some back.

(Awesome reverse psychology now because I've told him that)

((Doubly so))

You are an ignorant, trolling fool. What's the flak I've given out cherub? I think you need to look in the mirror and stop looking for my every post to fulfil your sad existence. You are the dog fetching the stick every time I throw it.

You are an ignorant, trolling fool. What's the flak I've given out cherub? I think you need to look in the mirror and stop looking for my every post to fulfil your sad existence. You are the dog fetching the stick every time I throw it.

Woof.

Still not answered my question.

(And I don't need the personal insults)

That's hilarious.

Is it really such a major ask? Even tracy admits it's a valid question.

The trust has responsibility for the 3% stake and directors seat that I and many others contributed to.

If it can't even articulate its membership numbers, what faith is there that it can do anything of any worth?

Mock if you like, cos it's easier than wanting to see an effective trust doing something visible and gaining strength and momentum through increased membership

Must be a major grudge you are holding there...

Why are the membership numbers so important to you and what are you planning to do with the information in the unlikely event you ever get it?

Let's play a game and cut out the non forthcoming middleman...

1) Pretend you've been told there are 200 members and react accordingly...

2) Pretend you've been told there are 2000 and react accordingly....