Oldham Athletic Independent Supporters Association - Folded

Just seen this on there facebook page

"Just to let everyone know there has been no interest from any fans in the form of making donations . I am therefore going to close this page down and remove the website oaisa.co.uk from the internet :("

Wasnt this the protest group alternative to the trust??

Maybe not directly but your group slanderd the trust then this alternative appears shortly after

Yeah, but it's not connected. If you want to ignore that fact,that's up to you, but it is a fact.

Guest nonaenever

I genuinely feel there is room for a supporters group, but it needs to be structured and organised, and not built from the ashes of a failed protest group.

I agree with this sentiment but, in view of our dwindling attendances (thought today was awful given it was the first home game AND Frizz's memorial) just don't think enough interest would be drummed up. Personally, don't think the Trust really works - but I don't want to get dragged into a debate about that - it's just my personal opinion.

The trust is not everyone's cup of tea, as we are such diverse set of fans we are not going to please everyone.

There are other supporters associations out there and the trust have recently and in the past looked at how they work, how we could adapt. We do also occasionally liaise with these supporters associations too, when necessary.

I think the question for the trust to ask itself is who does it attract?

And then, does it increase its attraction to fans by increasing membership and engagement?

How has membership changed over the last 3 years?

How has attendance at trust AGM changed?

How has attendance at trust "open meetings" changed?

And fundamentally - "so what?" - I.e. So, the trust does exist but what difference does it make? What evidence is there that it makes a difference?

I think the question for the trust to ask itself is who does it attract?

And then, does it increase its attraction to fans by increasing membership and engagement?

How has membership changed over the last 3 years?

How has attendance at trust AGM changed?

How has attendance at trust "open meetings" changed?

And fundamentally - "so what?" - I.e. So, the trust does exist but what difference does it make? What evidence is there that it makes a difference?

Good questions and the answers in the main are either on the Trusts own webpage or on the pinned thread above.

With regards to making a difference? people/fans make a difference. I notice you are local, so here's a challenge for you. Why not actually attend a meeting or any of the future events when they are announced. Come and meet your trust team. Come and introduce yourself and understanding the challenges we have....you never know you might want to help make that difference

You up for it?

Good questions and the answers in the main are either on the Trusts own webpage or on the pinned thread above.

With regards to making a difference? people/fans make a difference. I notice you are local, so here's a challenge for you. Why not actually attend a meeting or any of the future events when they are announced. Come and meet your trust team. Come and introduce yourself and understanding the challenges we have....you never know you might want to help make that difference

You up for it?

Can you/any trust rep point me to links showing the number of members over the last 3 years?

And as I'm not a member, and can't yet join, don't know when a meeting might be or what it might achieve, what's to be gained from attending?

And from what I see the aims of the trust are completely at odds with achieving increased membership, but fully aligned to supporting the current owner. Do I want to be part of that?

No, probably not.

Edited by real

I'm not a member.

And from what I see the aims of the trust are completely at odds with achieving increased membership, but fully aligned to supporting the current owner. Do I want to be part of that?

No.

You don't have to be a member to attend any event.

Every season ticket holder has free trust membership and details will be rolled out soon on how to activate this.

If you are not a trust ember and wish to join there is a one off seasonal fee that will rolled out soon

Supporting the current owner or any owner? Hell yes if it means the clubs survival and that is paramount.

We will have to agree to disagree on your perception of what the Trust does

Edited by underdog

No, probably not.

As one of the Trusts biggest critics, it's amazing how you have missed one of the biggest positives of the Trust.

Blinkered.

As one of the Trusts biggest critics, it's amazing how you have missed one of the biggest positives of the Trust.

Blinkered.

Oh yes,,,that would be my eyesight it's not what it used to be. Hope the other Trust chaps don't notice.

It goes with my yeah man tshirt and nodding head...hahah.

Edited by underdog

Blinkered.

Which is?

I'm not going to play a guessing game, so why not actually say what you're on about?

Edited by real

Maybe I should I explained what my perception of the Trust is with regards to membership and exclusivity.

There is none, you don't have to be a paid subscriber, you don't have to trigger your membership via your season ticket either, it's not reliant on having a set amount of contributors in it to run it or it will fold.

However saying that Real is that right that having a rough/accurate membership database. To know how many have triggered their Season tickets this year or paid subscription will help this time.

We don't have direct access to your details via the club either, so please be assured we will adhere to the data protection act. It's only when season ticket holders trigger their membership that we will know who you are and of course those who pay their direct subscription too. I believe details of this were is yesterday's programme on how to do this, I didn't buy one so I'm waiting for someone on the trust board to send me details so I can roll it out on here.

Now we are nearer to capacity on directors, we did sit down the other day and discuss roles and responsibilities. Membership was a role and someone has now taken over the ownership of. previously, there was never any incentive to trigger your free membership but we are hoping to get something done this season, it maybe small things at the moment like contacting you with regards to surveys, first to know any trust events coming up, okay not earth shattering stuff but a start. Please be mindful, we are all volunteers that might not be on hand 24/7 with regards to quick responses. I have asked for a service level agreement with regards to acknowledgements ect, but it will be wrong for me or any of us to put that pressure on another volunteer, well we do take holidays and all.

So if you are a season ticket holder please consider triggering your membership, it won't cost you anything and we won't be bombarding you with junks emails either...we don't have the staff to do this hahah.

Or even if you don't, be assured it's not an exclusive club, events are for all fans to attend, we won't dismiss fans ideas/suggestions ect if you are not a member either.

I will post the info on trust membership when I have it

Blinkered.

Not got anything have you, my little stalker? You're the blinkered one, making silly assumptions and statements you can't back up.

underdog

I checked out the TrustOldham website yesterday and the few information pages I checked appear to be either incomplete or out of date

The Who's Who tab for example was incomplete

I completed an online form to advise you but didn't get a confirmation receipt

Not got anything have you, my little stalker? You're the blinkered one, making silly assumptions and statements you can't back up.

Fortunately my schedule doesn't run to yours.

Would you rather be round the table, with eyes and ears open, or on the outside, desperately trying to peek through a window to grab what scraps of information come your way?

Edited by blueatheart

underdog

I checked out the TrustOldham website yesterday and the few information pages I checked appear to be either incomplete or out of date

The Who's Who tab for example was incomplete

I completed an online form to advise you but didn't get a confirmation receipt

Cheers TGWB, I'm waiting for the new details with regards to membership and the who's who, is still to be completed with some info from the trust directors themselves.

I will keep you posted

Ta