Goodbye RRE - welcome to the Frizzell Stand

The previous 'north' stand was built by the competition money that Frizzell's team won, and the northern stand previous to even that one - more of a shed really - Frizzell used to paint it in the off season. The RRE was always just open terrace until money raised from the Joe Royle era (was it the Earl Barrett sale?) so I envisaged the RRE being named after Royle in the future.

To repeat I think this is probably just me being anal retentive and I want to concentrate on congratulating the Oldham board for doing something positive.

Fair enough. Remember all of that but wouldn't especially associate a side of the ground with the great man

Surprised it was the RRE they choose to rename I would have thought the northern side had more of a connection to Jimmy - I supose that is me being petty because no one else has mentioned it. I guess this, with the scoreboard being fitted to the chaddy end, will lock in the eastern side of the ground as the 'home' end for the next generation or two.

Either way it is a great honour for a true legend of the club and hats off to the Oldham board for doing this.

I agree with you, but this is still a fitting and lasting honour to a true Latics legend. Well done to the club.

Fitting tribute to a club legend, hats on the athleticos on their part aswell for all the criticism they get their hearts are in the right place..

What is going to happen with JF banner now? Can we put out over a section of empty seats or use it to cover up those weathered platic sheets on the side of the RRE?