To anyone at the club who will actually listen or who cares?

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

Having watched Latics non-stop since the 70s there is one thing of which I am now certain; this club is heading for oblivion unless there are quick and radical changes. I was talking to a couple of real diehard supporters after the so-called game and, after today, they have made the decision to stop watching Latics at home. They said they will go to away games but have vowed never to attend another home game. Why? Because it is utter dross all round, on the pitch, being ripped off in the bars, being treated like a child by stewards, crap atmosphere - basically nothing good whatsoever at BP. Now, it has been utter dross in the past but the difference now is that there is no affinity with the owners/managers/players - nobody. Therefore, nothing to "keep you there". By the way, it may come as a surprise to people running the club that there are literally hundreds of fans that now only ever attend away games. You need to take a long, hard look at the whole shambles of a set-up down there.

Believe me, if the 2 supporters I talked to are stopping going you have a real, serious problem on your hands because they have missed only a handful of home/away games in 40 years - THAT'S HOW BAD IT IS - have you actually got a clue how to run a football club?

As for the manager, I`m not one for constantly chopping and changing but guess what? You've appointed another duffer! Clueless, utterly clueless. We are so predictable, so slow, lack passion, lack skill, lack ideas and lack goals. At this rate we'll score about 20 goals all season - Mr Robinson, you're a joke - I couldn't give a damn about your so-called international credentials - without doubt, you will take the Latics down - any team that can only muster 5 goals (and one of them an own goal) in 11 league games are relegation certainties.

The happy clappers will respond with their usual crap - well, I`m not having it - I care a damn site more than you do, Mr Robinson about Latics - please disappear quickly before you destroy us and take the clown with his clipboard with you.

Simon Corney - I`ve backed you most of the time but, seriously, GET A GRIP before it's too late. The whole place needs a root and branch review.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched Latics non-stop since the 70s there is one thing of which I am now certain; this club is heading for oblivion unless there are quick and radical changes. I was talking to a couple of real diehard supporters after the so-called game and, after today, they have made the decision to stop watching Latics at home. They said they will go to away games but have vowed never to attend another home game. Why? Because it is utter dross all round, on the pitch, being ripped off in the bars, being treated like a child by stewards, crap atmosphere - basically nothing good whatsoever at BP. Now, it has been utter dross in the past but the difference now is that there is no affinity with the owners/managers/players - nobody. Therefore, nothing to "keep you there". By the way, it may come as a surprise to people running the club that there are literally hundreds of fans that now only ever attend away games. You need to take a long, hard look at the whole shambles of a set-up down there.

Believe me, if the 2 supporters I talked to are stopping going you have a real, serious problem on your hands because they have missed only a handful of home/away games in 40 years - THAT'S HOW BAD IT IS - have you actually got a clue how to run a football club?

As for the manager, I`m not one for constantly chopping and changing but guess what? You've appointed another duffer! Clueless, utterly clueless. We are so predictable, so slow, lack passion, lack skill, lack ideas and lack goals. At this rate we'll score about 20 goals all season - Mr Robinson, you're a joke - I couldn't give a damn about your so-called international credentials - without doubt, you will take the Latics down - any team that can only muster 5 goals (and one of them an own goal) in 11 league games are relegation certainties.

The happy clappers will respond with their usual crap - well, I`m not having it - I care a damn site more than you do, Mr Robinson about Latics - please disappear quickly before you destroy us and take the clown with his clipboard with you.

Simon Corney - I`ve backed you most of the time but, seriously, GET A GRIP before it's too late. The whole place needs a root and branch review.

I agree with everything you say. I've also been watching since the 1970s and i am so pissed off. Robinson is actually not much different from Kelly, apart from the fact that Kelly didn't turn on the club/fans, despite the abuse. Robinson is showing he is totally inept. This is ridiculously piss poor. Not enough quality. He can't set a team up to attack. That's bad. Really bad. He's :censored:, and he's turning on us. :censored: off!!!

Next....

Got to agree nonaenever. there is a gang of us over 50s and 60s who have experienced the highs and lows over the years but this current Croc of :censored:e is some of the worst we have seen and Mr Corney and his supporters seem content to watch us drift into oblivion. Rumours circulating tonight say that Blitz is flying in for talks with a take over group. Let's hope it's true as we are dying a death by a thousand cuts. We will still go home and away but we are amongst a dwindling band.

Bang on pal?

I agree with everything you say. I've also been watching since the 1970s and i am so pissed off. Robinson is actually not much different from Kelly, apart from the fact that Kelly didn't turn on the club/fans, despite the abuse. Robinson is showing he is totally inept. This is ridiculously piss poor. Not enough quality. He can't set a team up to attack. That's bad. Really bad. He's :censored:, and he's turning on us. :censored: off!!!

Next....

He hasn't turned on the fans so how about you :censored: off with the lies?

Guest nonaenever

Are we doing this after every defeat...?

I don't think "we" have - there are none so blind as those that cannot see.

We are absolutely dire - it's been going backwards since, and including, Bradford. Far from improving as the team supposedly "gels" - we have regressed - does that not bother you? - do you think that's okay? - please can you tell me where you see us improving? Please can you tell me how we are not relegation certainties on the EVIDENCE so far? Get real - and mcfluff - you're a total arsehole

We are absolutely dire - it's been going backwards since, and including, Bradford. Far from improving as the team supposedly "gels" - we have regressed - does that not bother you? - do you think that's okay? - please can you tell me where you see us improving? Please can you tell me how we are not relegation certainties on the EVIDENCE so far? Get real - and mcfluff - you're a total arsehole

Everyone knows some of these performances haven't been good enough. Bored of reading about all these people who would rather do something else on a Saturday. If you've lost interest don't bother coming on here

please can you tell me where you see us improving? Please can you tell me how we are not relegation certainties on the EVIDENCE so far?

I'd say were not relegation certainties on the basis that nearly every team we've played have been crap. If (big if) we sort out the scoring malarkey we could easily climb the table......

Guest nonaenever

Everyone knows some of these performances haven't been good enough. Bored of reading about all these people who would rather do something else on a Saturday. If you've lost interest don't bother coming on here

As an exceedingly loyal supporter for many years, I have every right to "have a go". I genuinely fear the worst (as do many others) - you can sense it, even amongst "dyed in the wool" fans. Something is very, very wrong and it would be a dereliction of duty not to try and do something about it. The apathy today was unbelievable - people have lost all hope. Something radical has to be done very quickly.

As an exceedingly loyal supporter for many years, I have every right to "have a go". I genuinely fear the worst (as do many others) - you can sense it, even amongst "dyed in the wool" fans. Something is very, very wrong and it would be a dereliction of duty not to try and do something about it. The apathy today was unbelievable - people have lost all hope. Something radical has to be done very quickly.

Radical like getting behind the team or radical like moaning on here?

Guest nonaenever

I'd say were not relegation certainties on the basis that nearly every team we've played have been crap. If (big if) we sort out the scoring malarkey we could easily climb the table......

Would you like a friendly wager on the next 3 games? Cannot see us getting a single point - obviously hope we do but just can't see it.

Nothing that has happened has surprised me.

20 odd new players thrown together at last minute with a rookie manager - there's gonna be more days like today to come, hopefully the management can be a bit more calm and considered about it than you lot.

Guest nonaenever

Radical like getting behind the team or radical like moaning on here?

I always get behind the team at games - you just don't get it do you - I actually care - clearly you don't

Guest nonaenever

Nothing that has happened has surprised me.

20 odd new players thrown together at last minute with a rookie manager - there's gonna be more days like today to come, hopefully the management can be a bit more calm and considered about it than you lot.

yeah yeah - work hard on the training pitch and all that bollocks - the management team is not good enough - simple as that - how long do we carry on making excuses about throwing a team together? Anyhow - enough from me (you'll be glad to hear!)

yeah yeah - work hard on the training pitch and all that bollocks - the management team is not good enough - simple as that - how long do we carry on making excuses about throwing a team together? Anyhow - enough from me (you'll be glad to hear!)

They might not be good enough but of course nobody can know that after only a dozen games.

Guest nonaenever

They might not be good enough but of course nobody can know that after only a dozen games.

wrong - I know they are not good enough (I`m sure others do too)

After travelling to Millwall the excuses were its a new team, they are favourites for promotion etc etc it will take time to bed in.... I knew then on the train back as I know now it wasn't and isn't going to get any better, it simply gets worse every year. There comes a point when it wears you down so much you just come to accept mediocrity. Until something dramatically changes within the club and whom ever is pulling the strings we are destined to continue down this route. If we were savy in what we do on and off the pitch attendances would rise, it isn't rocket science, people WILL pay to be entertained. Not one home win is simply unacceptable. I respect those who turn up week in week out and deserve better as I have done in the past, but the sheer dross that has been served up of late has kept me away from the majority of games for the first time in 30yrs as Latics fan. Why organise a night with Stitch after a local away derby? The computer glitch thanking me for booking hospitality. Simon Corney wouldnt have to be seen to be paying the players wages.... if we had a half decent product on the pitch! Just a few snippets of unprofessionalism from within the club of late. We are paying the price for not learning from past mistakes, taking gambles on rookie managers leaving it all the transfers until the last minute, not paying a half decent striker to score goals, and having a surplus of strikers who couldnt hit a barn door. On and off the pitch the club is disjointed, the heirachy is simply out of touch with the fans. Sad times.

Edited by chickenbaltipie