Walsall match?

I was lamenting our season to a fellow football fan (of the Barnsley variety) recently, who pointed out that they were bottom of the league at this point last season and then went on to win this competition and snatch a late play-off spot.

Big leap I know, but success in this competition does seem to have some longer term impact on sides. Also, winning something, even the FLT, is still something that many Oldham fans haven't seen, and even those that have it wasn't a cup at Wembley.

Personally, my opinion on this competition has changed over the years. I used to feel it was a waste of time and beneath us, now its a genuine chance of a good day out and a pot. The new format hasn't helped this year, but still I'd take a final win now.

Big difference Barnsley have better players

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Improve his fitness, improve his strength & the stuff 'hes really good at' improves naturally. That's been the problem from the beginning.

I don't get the strength bit - he's the player he is (or can be) largely due to his physiology....

Stick him on the weights and he might not glide across the turf so gracefully....

Edited by HarryBosch