Walsall match?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lamenting our season to a fellow football fan (of the Barnsley variety) recently, who pointed out that they were bottom of the league at this point last season and then went on to win this competition and snatch a late play-off spot.

Big leap I know, but success in this competition does seem to have some longer term impact on sides. Also, winning something, even the FLT, is still something that many Oldham fans haven't seen, and even those that have it wasn't a cup at Wembley.

Personally, my opinion on this competition has changed over the years. I used to feel it was a waste of time and beneath us, now its a genuine chance of a good day out and a pot. The new format hasn't helped this year, but still I'd take a final win now.

So the last time we scored 3 away was about 2 years ago - away against Rochdale - and we were 6th in the league and getting excited about prmotion

It's been a :censored:ty 2 years

Nope we scored that was the last time we scored 3 goals away and won.

The last time we scored 3 goals away was Gillingham last season and we drew.

£40,000 for winners of next round we need to start taking it seriously

You don't think risking Peter Clarke (and probable relegation if he gets crocked in one of these games) is taking it seriously? We are taking it too seriously IMO...rather important players like him and Ripley be fresh and right for Saturday than played in this. Flynn who's been injured recently too. £20k is nothing compared to the cost of being relegated. Edited by boundaryblue80

You don't think risking Peter Clarke (and probable relegation if he gets crocked in one of these games) is taking it seriously? We are taking it too seriously IMO...rather important players like him and Ripley be fresh and right for Saturday than played in this. Flynn who's been injured recently too. £20k is nothing compared to the cost of being relegated.

Or that £20k helps us get a player in Jan who keeps us up.

You don't think risking Peter Clarke (and probable relegation if he gets crocked in one of these games) is taking it seriously? We are taking it too seriously IMO...rather important players like him and Ripley be fresh and right for Saturday than played in this. Flynn who's been injured recently too. £20k is nothing compared to the cost of being relegated.

Agree to an extent but on the other hand we're so desperate for some positivity and momentum that I'm sure Robinson will think it's well worth the gamble.

Winch was very animated at the end of the game with the fans. more so than Clarke id say.

He was very frustrated and angry when he was subbed at Lincoln too.

Obviously cares a hell of a lot more than most, is one of our own and has been for longer than anyone else at the club.

I'd much rather have a player attempt a pass to set us on an attack than someone :censored: out of a challenge 25yards from his own goal

Winch was very animated at the end of the game with the fans. more so than Clarke id say.

Obviously cares a hell of a lot more than most, is one of our own and has been for longer than anyone else at the club.

I'd much rather have a player attempt a pass to set us on an attack than someone :censored: out of a challenge 25yards from his own goal

Agree with this...the lad clearly loves the club that he has been at since he was young. He was mortified with his mistake at the Lincoln match!

Maybe he should work on the issues that every manager he has played under has highlighted then! He COULD have a great career....

Looks like their goal once again stems from our left full back... Dunne again.

Throw wilson/law/dummigan in there

No, Dunne was solid last night and should stay there for now, haven't seen anybody better at nonchalantly time wasting, not a good thing but made me smile.