2016 memories and your predictions for 2017

You make a great point Monty and one many seem to miss, our team and any progress on the pitch suffered massively because of the North Stand project, at the time we were fed an idea that this stand would be our saviour and provide us with much needed income to take us to the next level, that's just not the case and all those players, managers, sell on clauses, season ticket monies and any other tangible asset the club owned have been sold of with little thought gone into the effect that would have on the playing side, many would have accepted the above scenario if we actually had anything to show for it but it appears we are in a worse position than when we started and have considerably more debt.

The fact that everything is so cloak and dagger and shrouded in mystery just compounds the problem for me and it's no wonder all trust has been lost between the club and it's supporters, we still don't know what income the stand generates for the club if any and for all we know it may still be costing us.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He found £6m to build a stand by selling all our best players, our two best managers, our best sell on clauses then borrowed the rest and added it to the club debts.

Not much left to sell now Monty, the youth team well looks dry at the moment, there is talk of Edmundson going for fee though.

You make a great point Monty and one many seem to miss, our team and any progress on the pitch suffered massively because of the North Stand project, at the time we were fed an idea that this stand would be our saviour and provide us with much needed income to take us to the next level, that's just not the case and all those players, managers, sell on clauses, season ticket monies and any other tangible asset the club owned have been sold of with little thought gone into the effect that would have on the playing side, many would have accepted the above scenario if we actually had anything to show for it but it appears we are in a worse position than when we started and have considerably more debt.

The fact that everything is so cloak and dagger and shrouded in mystery just compounds the problem for me and it's no wonder all trust has been lost between the club and it's supporters, we still don't know what income the stand generates for the club if any and for all we know it may still be costing us.

Which manager said the 3 stand ground was killing the atmosphere and affecting the players, therefore the new stand would improve results?

:censored: me! Read!

No im not saying any of that! I said I'm not buying a season tkt but I'd be delighted to be top....As fkn if!

I said I'd pick my games and not once did I say I would not come if we were top and winning 1-0.

I'm not buying a season tkt if Robinson is here churning out the same :censored:e next season. I will still come to some games

The rest is absolutely irrelevant because it isn't happening!

Think you're the one who needs to read your own posts back. My response was totally logical on the basis of what you'd posted...

• 7 months later...
On 17/12/2016 at 7:45 AM, HarryBosch said:

I predict Robbo will make a couple of astute signings in these next few weeks and turn it around and keep us up, maybe even have us finish higher than for some time.

SC and friends will come up with some stellar "you couldn't make it up" shenanigans at some point which they're probably brainstorming as we speak

1 out of 2 was't bad.....