Reduced ticket prices?

Because you realised you're chatting :censored:?

Some areas at every ground will always be a bit more expensive. You choose to sit there.

You have the option of buying early and cheaper, you choose not to.

You could have set yourself a reminder on your phone or just remembered like everyone else when the offer finished. You chose not to

Wow. You really don't know when to give it a rest, do you?

Seeing as you were so desperate for me to find out, Wimbledon, Bolton, Gillingham and Rochdale all have cheaper match day - not advanced - tickets.

Bristol Rovers, Bury and Scunthorpe all charge £18 on the gate.

So, no. I'm not 'chatting :censored:'. And any future changes to ticket prices, I will make sure I set as a reminder in my phone. Happy now?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simply courtesy to inform supporters. The club is indefensible here.

Some fans don't have access to the Internet. What if they get to the game and only have a twenty note?

24 quid is shocking in itself, but to not even let supporters know is indefensible

Have to admit I didn't hear the announcement or tannoy on Tuesday of us being the cheapest in league one. Although it clearly happened as many have mentioned it.

Mcfluff is correct in regard to if it was announced as the cheapest in league one and you can get tickets at £18 then that is "probably" correct am

Not wasting my time checking.

However I can see where pine is coming from it all depends how the announcement was made,

was it mentioned that you had to buy in advance? Was an actual price given?

You have to remember on Tuesday we had a lot of fans who may of not been for a very long time and if it wasn't mentioned as buy in advance and they just turn up and are told £24 quid they are probably going to think wow and that's the cheapest.

Personally I think every turnstile operator should inform the pay on the day customers that buying in advance is cheaper, this has happened to me twice this season to be fair.

Some fans don't have access to the Internet. What if they get to the game and only have a twenty note?

24 quid is shocking in itself, but to not even let supporters know is indefensible

How are you informing them if they don't have access to the Internet?

What about those who don't go to every match and don't have Internet?

Just on this point but slightly off topic a little bit.

I came across a folded leaflet the other week I can not for the life of me remember where I got it from. It was the front was advertising a meal in the OEC and the back was something like the gym or wedding venue not 100% sure.

What I do remember is on the front and back contact details of how to book was published for the OEC it was a email address I think.

The leaflet opened up into a double sided advert for latics being the cheapest tickets in league one however there was no contact details for the club on it, I remember looking about 7 times at it. I can't remember if it mentioned advance purchase or not so I'll see if I can find it and post a picture unless someone else has one?

The leaflet opened up into a double sided advert for latics being the cheapest tickets in league one however there was no contact details for the club on it, I remember looking about 7 times at it. I can't remember if it mentioned advance purchase or not so I'll see if I can find it and post a picture unless someone else has one?

Dont bother-we arent. I think even McDuff realises that now

If they don't have internet then they probably didn't know about the price cut either... :)

How are you informing them if they don't have access to the Internet?

What about those who don't go to every match and don't have Internet?

Word of mouth, a short statement for the paper?

Something.

They managed to get a statement out about a Chinese bloke not being Man United fan. Something that is actually practical and affects supporters they don't bother to mention.

Edited by NewBlue

Well the announcement I heard said we have the cheapest tickets in the division. Based on that I have roped in two extra paying customers for todays game.

Turns out they gota pay £24 so they will probably jus go on the piss instead.

Can't really blame the club tho eh? Must be my fault for not checking? Because when the club announces something then anybody in their right mind knows the correct thing to then do is go on line and trawl through a couple of months worth of the club website, to check that what the club just said to me is actually true.

Can't really blame the club for something the club said can we now?

This exactly. I'm in the same boat I've got a non Oldham supporter coming with me today too. I now feel like I should pay the difference for him. I mean I won't because I'm tighter than the skin on a sausage. Not saying it should be £15 but a score is plenty for this level IMO

Can get an adult ticket for 18 quid in advance. Show me a league 1 team that has a cheaper ticket...

They already released a statement saying when it started and when it finished. We demanding 2 statements on things from the club now? If it's that much of an issue to you then pop a reminder in your phone when the club 1st announced when it finishes

:censored:inhell man for once take your cock out of the clubs arse !! Praise where due and admit when something stinks ffs

They were very clear reduced prices were for 4 games only. Given tomorrow is game 5 since the announcement I assume they took the admittedly wild assumption that people might realise that prices would go up again.

Yep. Some clowns will complain and whine about everything and anything. Pathetic. It was a very clear announcement.

Word of mouth, a short statement for the paper?

Something.

They managed to get a statement out about a Chinese bloke not being Man United fan. Something that is actually practical and affects supporters they don't bother to mention.

Sure there are enough people who knew it was only till gillingham game for word of mouth that the offer has finished?

You mean that statement they put on the Internet?

:censored:inhell man for once take your cock out of the clubs arse !! Praise where due and admit when something stinks ffs

Anyone offer ended and people can't remember? Ye that stinks that. I've got a ST and still knew it was done after gillingham even though the offer was irrelevant to me.

The announcement of cheapest match day ticket in league one was also very clear !! Could say misleading

Yeah, this is misleading and unclear. If you are thick or just constantly looking for fault, or both. (The first paragraph was Bolded in the statement when released and published).

"Following the supporter survey, Oldham Athletic would like to announce a reduction in ticket prices for a trial period of five games which will see Latics offer the lowest ticket prices in League One.

Adult supporters buying a ticket in advance will now be able to purchase for just £15, with the pay on the day price reduced to £20.

This will commence from the Sky Bet League One home game against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, November 12 (3pm kick off), and will incorporate the games against Peterborough United, Southend United, Port Vale and Gillingham"

Anyone offer ended and people can't remember? Ye that stinks that. I've got a ST and still knew it was done after gillingham even though the offer was irrelevant to me.

So even though you have been proven wrong are you still not having it, that by saying cheapest in league one is misleading ? And does it not stink that people will probably turn up and not expect to pay suck an amount ? After all I thought we were the cheapest ?

Yeah, this is misleading and unclear. If you are thick or just constantly looking for fault, or both. (The first paragraph was Bolded in the statement when released and published).

"Following the supporter survey, Oldham Athletic would like to announce a reduction in ticket prices for a trial period of five games which will see Latics offer the lowest ticket prices in League

Adult supporters buying a ticket in advance will now be able to purchase for just £15, with the pay on the day price reduced to £20.

This will commence from the Sky Bet League One home game against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, November 12 (3pm kick off), and will incorporate the games against Peterborough United, Southend United, Port Vale and Gillingham"

And the tannoy announcement that was made after this period to entice the fans that took the free offer up ? Explain that one ya :censored:ing doughnut ?

And the tannoy announcement that was made after this period to entice the fans that took the free offer up ? Explain that one ya :censored:ing doughnut ?

You got me tough guy. But to be fair, your eloquence and intelligence would bamboozle the best of us.