Reduced ticket prices?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have match day prices gone back to normal? Looking at buying a ticket for tomorrow's game and the website is asking for £20 for an advanced ticket.

Yes it was only up to and including the Gillingham game from what I remember.

The announcer made a mistake on Tuesday declaring we are still the cheapest in league one. Not any more, back to normal!

Edited by super_blue

Not asking for a big deal - a polite reminder would've been sufficient.

If they can go out of their way to tell us that the Chinese businessmen aren't Manchester United fans, they can tell us about the prices going back up.

It's not something you would want to announce.

Keep quiet and hope nobody notices? I take it you don't work in customer services, then?

The club would gain a lot more respect from pay on the day supporters with a brief reminder that the promotion had ended.

I don't disagree.

Attendances stayed the same though so they probably assume those people will continue to attend.

I don't disagree.

Attendances stayed the same though so they probably assume those people will continue to attend.

Petty, I know, for the sake of a fiver, but I'm considering not buying a ticket out of principal.

Which will probably backfire come Saturday 2pm when I drive to BP and pay £24 on the gate.

Petty, I know, for the sake of a fiver, but I'm considering not buying a ticket out of principal.

Which will probably backfire come Saturday 2pm when I drive to BP and pay £24 on the gate.

I guess they would point to the advance price being cheaper.

Is it convenient if you go to the match in a group though? Not for me.

Did I miss the announcement from the club or is it just another example of first class communication?

When the club announced the cut price tickets, they also announced it was cut price up until the Gillingham game. Can't really blame the club for fans not taking notice of the information they have already provided.

When the club announced the cut price tickets, they also announced it was cut price up until the Gillingham game. Can't really blame the club for fans not taking notice of the information they have already provided.

Well the announcement I heard said we have the cheapest tickets in the division. Based on that I have roped in two extra paying customers for todays game.

Turns out they gota pay £24 so they will probably jus go on the piss instead.

Can't really blame the club tho eh? Must be my fault for not checking? Because when the club announces something then anybody in their right mind knows the correct thing to then do is go on line and trawl through a couple of months worth of the club website, to check that what the club just said to me is actually true.

Can't really blame the club for something the club said can we now?

Edited by Monty Burns

A trial implies it may have continued if successful. We can only presume, therefore, that the trial was unsuccessful.

Strange, then, that the club would advertise themselves as the cheapest matchday ticket in the league on Tuesday night.

Incidentally, on the subject of poor communication, this is what Moisley had to say when the trial was launched back in November:

'I don't necessarily think our communication with fans has been brilliant in the past and it's something we are keen to rectify.'

I think this is another example, Mark.

Edited by pinevillawill

A trial implies it may have continued if successful. We can only presume, therefore, that the trial was unsuccessful.

Strange, then, that the club would advertise themselves as the cheapest matchday ticket in the league on Tuesday night.

Incidentally, on the subject of poor communication, this is what Moisley had to say when the trial was launched back in November:

'I don't necessarily think our communication with fans has been brilliant in the past and it's something we are keen to rectify.'

I think this is another example, Mark.

Can get an adult ticket for 18 quid in advance. Show me a league 1 team that has a cheaper ticket...

They already released a statement saying when it started and when it finished. We demanding 2 statements on things from the club now? If it's that much of an issue to you then pop a reminder in your phone when the club 1st announced when it finishes

I don't know, matey, and I'm not going to waste my Saturday morning finding out. What I do know, though, is that where I sit, £24 pay on the day is most certainly not the cheapest ticket in the league.

What's that got to do with anything? You can get one for 18 quid in advance. If no clubs are cheaper then they're right in saying cheapest in league 1.

I give up.

Because you realised you're chatting :censored:?

Some areas at every ground will always be a bit more expensive. You choose to sit there.

You have the option of buying early and cheaper, you choose not to.

You could have set yourself a reminder on your phone or just remembered like everyone else when the offer finished. You chose not to