Milton Keynes FC

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's definitely a case for a rule change on taking a throw in from behind the technical area when there's a coach stood in front of you.

This brings me on to the point I was going to make about who was at fault.

Based on the highlights, Green, who is not on a booking, seemingly helps retrieve the ball for them, why bother doing it. You don't have to pass the ball back to the opposition when it is not in play.

If Barraclough takes two steps to his right the ball hits him. That would have served them right for taking a throw-in from so far back from the touchline. Even if the ref had deemed it deliberate so what if the ref sends Barraclough off he's the assistant manager.

What Croft did or didn't do wasn't apparent from the highlights but some of our more experienced members of staff could have done more to help defend.

This brings me on to the point I was going to make about who was at fault.

Based on the highlights, Green, who is not on a booking, seemingly helps retrieve the ball for them, why bother doing it. You don't have to pass the ball back to the opposition when it is not in play.

If Barraclough takes two steps to his right the ball hits him. That would have served them right for taking a throw-in from so far back from the touchline. Even if the ref had deemed it deliberate so what if the ref sends Barraclough off he's the assistant manager.

What Croft did or didn't do wasn't apparent from the highlights but some of our more experienced members of staff could have done more to help defend.

The real problem was O'Neill marking no one. Can't have too much of a go at him though as he lacks experience.

The real problem was O'Neill marking no one. Can't have too much of a go at him though as he lacks experience.

Surprised at you BP, someone is negative about Barraclough and you make a counter point. :grin:

The goal strikes me as a combination of a lot of errors, including some out of our control and a wonderful strike by a player who has proven quality at this level and higher.

As others have said anything from MK Dons was going to be a bit of a bonus. But I doubt we will have as good an opportunity to get something from the WinklemanBowl for a while.