Milton Keynes FC

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a running kick in the dick. But I'm gonna throw down some positive spin on it. If our last two games had finished on 90 mins we would have 2 points , instead we got 3 points. I know it's a bit well if my aunt had a cock but let's move on and not let this put us down. Who really expected anything from these :censored: ?

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

It's fine.

Obviously a bit of a kick in the nads after we looked to hold out for a point, but given the results we've had there in recent seasons, not getting hammered was high up on the agenda tonight. It was a spirited defensive performance and we've suffered the cruel fate we triumphed in on Saturday. A 1 nil loss, in what was a smash and grab isn't something to get too disheartened about.

A few teams around us now have the game in hand, we've got to bounce back and win on Saturday, if we don't it really doesn't bode well for us, as we've got Charlton after than then Swindon which will be a six pointer and if we don't win Saturday that will just deflate the confidence out of us.

Beat Coventry, lose to Charlton, beat Swindon. If we do that, we'll be sitting pretty.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Tbf tonight wasn't really about our lack of striking prowess. We didn't create any clear cut chances that should have been scored. We came to contain a better footballing side at home and it almost worked. They brought Nicky Maynard on and we brought on Osei, which shows the gulf in quality between what we have and what they have at their disposal.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I chuffing hate this game...

Karma is a bitch eh.....we got the good stuff on Saturday, crap tonight...

Bloody cruel, especially when the radio said they were lucky to have all their players on the pitch after 10mins.

Edited by underdog

I know we got the winner in stoppage time on Saturday, but tonight was a little different. There was 4 additional minutes. We brought Croft on in the third of those minutes, so that's another 30 seconds. They get the corner in the fifth minute and score in the sixth. Not quite the same as us scoring in the first of four minutes.

Plus, if he had had the balls to send Baldock off with a second yellow instead if inviting the captain over for a chat, it could have been so different. This is not making excuses, it just illustrates the rub of the green. Both sides only had one shot on target all night, so it's easy to see where the problem lies as Shez knows only too well.

They must use this defeat to galvanise them and out in a good performance on Saturday and give Coventry a beating.

I know we got the winner in stoppage time on Saturday, but tonight was a little different. There was 4 additional minutes. We brought Croft on in the third of those minutes, so that's another 30 seconds. They get the corner in the fifth minute and score in the sixth. Not quite the same as us scoring in the first of four minutes.

Plus, if he had had the balls to send Baldock off with a second yellow instead if inviting the captain over for a chat, it could have been so different. This is not making excuses, it just illustrates the rub of the green. Both sides only had one shot on target all night, so it's easy to see where the problem lies as Shez knows only too well.

They must use this defeat to galvanise them and out in a good performance on Saturday and give Coventry a beating.

All stops should have been pulled out in the transfer window for a striker, who can we play up front who is likely to score?

Just spoken to my son who is coming back on the coach.Said he is gutted and that he did not know where all tge extra time came from and that we deserved a point.Said Holloway missed a header in the first half .Second half we defended wellbut ball should have been cleared by sub Croft just before Maynard scored.He did not understand why Green was subbed for Croft.Thought all played well and defended well .Said about 200 Latics went.Still...two home games.Pitywe could not break tga MK jinx but we were not outclassed