England call up

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Scored two and made another for England.

If he's playing regularly for England at Youth level then its going to be very difficult to keep hold of him infact it could well be impossible. I've heard of some of the things that kids and their parents get offered to sign for the likes of City and United and if he does their is not a snowball in hells chance we will be able to compete. Lets just hope we get well compensated.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If he's playing regularly for England at Youth level then its going to be very difficult to keep hold of him 

Sadly I reckon the club wouldn't even want to.

Better to cash in now than gamble on him training on..

In fact, do those new rules mean we just have to let a Premier League club have them for a pre determined fee?  

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Sadly I reckon the club wouldn't even want to.

Better to cash in now than gamble on him training on..

In fact, do those new rules mean we just have to let a Premier League club have them for a pre determined fee?  

I'm not sure how the compensation works exactly but what I did hear was this.

What I do know is that young lads and their parents are offered sweatners to join city and uniteds academies. In some cases they will buy houses for them and send them to top schools close to Carrington or ethiad campus which city and united will pay for. They get very well looked after and get to train at some of the best facilities in the world they also have to commit to them until they are 18 so they don't get chewed up and spat out and they get atleast the opportunity of a very good education on top of the opportunity to make a career in professional football. If you're a parent and you are offered all that it's a no brainer.

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

That's how it's set out to work but then I believe that we sold a couple of players (from u10/u12 level) last season for tens of thousands which is more than we'd be entitled to according to the rules. (Source: Parents of other kids at the club who had been told by coaching staff)

7 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

That's how it's set out to work but then I believe that we sold a couple of players (from u10/u12 level) last season for tens of thousands which is more than we'd be entitled to according to the rules. (Source: Parents of other kids at the club who had been told by coaching staff)

Correct, 20K for the 10yo and a further 20K if he signs at U12 level. Plus schooling at St. Bedes I heard.

Not sure on the details of the U12 kid, but heard 40K with extra's

9 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Heard the same, apparently he is always looking out for the next kid to cash in on which gives us even less chance of finding a real gem.

40 minutes ago, Lags said:

Correct, 20K for the 10yo and a further 20K if he signs at U12 level. Plus schooling at St. Bedes I heard.

Not sure on the details of the U12 kid, but heard 40K with extra's

Same figures that I heard (all around the same time as we were being offered less for the club captain by Scunthorpe).