FA trophy ....can anybody explain?

11. EXTRA TIME, REPLAYS, POSTPONED AND ABANDONED MATCHES (MATCHES PLAYED 
PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINALS) 
(a) Extra Time in First Matches
If a first match is drawn after 90 minutes, an extra 30 minutes may be played (15 minutes 
each way). The agreement for the playing of extra time shall be agreed in writing between 
both Clubs and confirmed in writing by the Home Club to The Association on The Match 
Arrangement Form which must be received by The Association within seven days of the 
date of the draw and notified to the Referee on the Official Team Sheet no later than 45 
minutes prior to kick-off.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

11. EXTRA TIME, REPLAYS, POSTPONED AND ABANDONED MATCHES (MATCHES PLAYED 
PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINALS) 
(a) Extra Time in First Matches
If a first match is drawn after 90 minutes, an extra 30 minutes may be played (15 minutes 
each way). The agreement for the playing of extra time shall be agreed in writing between 
both Clubs and confirmed in writing by the Home Club to The Association on The Match 
Arrangement Form which must be received by The Association within seven days of the 
date of the draw and notified to the Referee on the Official Team Sheet no later than 45 
minutes prior to kick-off.

Any chance we can get Plymouth to agree in writing that we win on Saturday?

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Jamie Reckord and Ollie Banks faced each other in the FA Trophy tonight, Reckords Solihull Moors ran out 2-0 winners against Banks Tranmere Rovers, both found their level I'd say.

Tranmere were winning the game on Saturday 1-0 when Solihull’s floodlights failed before HT.

Think the FA might still have something to say about that.

Sure a season or two before he retires With Man United having a backlog of fixtures Fergie tried using this rule but the other team wouldn't agree.

yeah was right against Spurs 

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5576789.ece

Edited by Forte_Baby

Strictly speaking this is a bit off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread in case that was seen as even worse behaviour!

I wasn't previously aware of this, but learnt recently that in March 1946 Stockport County played the longest ever (allegedly) match at home v Doncaster Rovers, 3 hours 23 minutes, in a Div 3 North cup tie. 2-2 at full-time, and no further goals after 20 minutes of ET. The rule then was that the teams played on until a "golden" goal was scored, and as eventually it got dark the match was called off. The replay was won 4-0 by Rovers. It was said that fans left the first game, went home for tea, and came back to watch the end of the match!

Sort of on-topic maybe, involving different rules etc. Then again maybe I need to get out more.

On 20/12/2017 at 1:12 AM, Worcester Owl said:

played the longest ever (allegedly) match at home v Doncaster Rovers, 3 hours 23 minutes, in a Div 3 North cup tie. 2-2 at full-time, and no further goals after 20 minutes of ET.

That's a long game - but I've seen a game against Wimbledon at Plough Lane that felt longer :wacko: