Ollie Banks

4 hours ago, cmr said:

Our fans just love having a target for abuse who can never do anything right. It's as if these players purposely play badly to annoy the fans, not that it's their livelyhood at stake or anything

I recall a game  on a rare occassion where I was sat in the mainstand

"For fucks sake Boshell, you're sh*t!!!"

"Get him off the pitch!!"

Mate..... he's not on the pitch..... he's not even on the bench...

Reminds me of Fester at Bury away one year. Slagging Kuqi loads. "Get off Kuqi, you're shit" - he wasn't even on the pitch.

3 hours ago, blueatheart said:

The royal "we" also cheered when he got booked if memory serves.

Off off off was the chant. It was funny at the time I thought. Not so funny now looking back. Like has been said already, no player sets out to play pish. I’m not one for booing. A FFS under the breath suffices for me. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

3 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

We’d taken 7 from 9

Won at Gillingham 1-0

Won at home v Bournemouth 1-0 pen

And 2-2 at Port Vale denied by a late equaliser.

Came from nowhere as did the 4-0 at Tranmere 3rd game of the season 

How come the toxic atmosphere from so early in the game then? So strange. Cheers for info 

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

Only guy ive ever seen abuse the team in the warm up!

I was stood next to a knobhead at Brizzle Rovers a few years back who was giving Dean Brill pelters before he'd even faced a shot in the warm up. He did shut up eventually; around about the 60th minute as I recall when someone threatened to "do him" if he didn't jack it in.

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I was stood next to a knobhead at Brizzle Rovers a few years back who was giving Dean Brill pelters before he'd even faced a shot in the warm up. He did shut up eventually; around about the 60th minute as I recall when someone threatened to "do him" if he didn't jack it in.

We do have some real twats, but not as many as in the glory years. I remember one guy screaming and screaming at Neil Pointon all the way through a match that he shouldn't be taking the corners because "you're f*cking shit, you are Pointon". That's the same Neil Pointon who scored 2 goals direct from corners. I would have set the guy straight but he was about 6'6" and seemed like a total pyscho, so I decided to take the safer approach and try to block out the sound of his voice. He had a very loud voice, and I failed. 

Edited by AlanGrovesFanClub

29 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

We do have some real twats, but not as many as in the glory years. I remember one guy screaming and screaming at Neil Pointon all the way through a match that he shouldn't be taking the corners because "you're f*cking shit, you are Pointon". That's the same Neil Pointon who scored 2 goals direct from corners. I would have set the guy straight but he was about 6'6" and seemed like a total pyscho, so I decided to take the safer approach and try to block out the sound of his voice. He had a very loud voice, and I failed. 

Was never a huge fan of Pointon but what would we do for a player like that now. Proper 100%er

45 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Your point stands, but Pointon only ever scored one goal directly from a corner - Southampton at home in 93...

12 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

His attitude was unquestionable...and he took great corners!

There's a great clip of him on youtube getting hit by an incredibly late Roy Keane "tackle"... gets thrown up in the air, but dusts himself off, throws Keane a filthy look, then plays on... They don't make 'em like that any more.

The commentator then says Keano was lucky not to get YELLOW carded...

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Your point stands, but Pointon only ever scored one goal directly from a corner - Southampton at home in 93...

I think that’s the only goal I’ve ever seen direct from a corner - was a really warm day and for some reason my mum had dressed me in my best wooliest Christmas jumper.... 

there was the one against City in the cup under Talbot but it got disallowed - obviously not by Pointon 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

6 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I think that’s the only goal I’ve ever seen direct from a corner - was a really warm day and for some reason my mum had dressed me in my best wooliest Christmas jumper.... 

there was the one against City in the cup under Talbot but it got disallowed 

Liddell got one which was then replicated by Chaddy at half time 

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

Didn’t Pointon score direct from a corner against Liverpool? David James was the keeper at the time?

Yes, thank you for that, I was just looking it up. Here are a few words from the great Andy Ritchie to confirm out story!  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10801133/Premier-Leagues-greatest-escapes-in-the-players-own-words.html

1 minute ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Yes, thank you for that, I was just looking it up. Here are a few words from the great Andy Ritchie to confirm out story!  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10801133/Premier-Leagues-greatest-escapes-in-the-players-own-words.html

James had a complete mare that game - much to our benefit. Didn’t remember it as going straight in though I thought he’d thrown it in - good spot 

6 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Didn’t Pointon score direct from a corner against Liverpool? David James was the keeper at the time?

As he was for the disallowed one against city... he looked relieved as fuck after fluffing his chance to catch - even gave a thumbs up to the linesman 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Scored direct against Sheff Wed too 4 weeks earlier 7/4/93 D1-1 at BP get the video out 

Edited by oafcprozac