Taking the club forward

This article applies to whoever takes over the club. Once again we are left in the dark regarding the takeover last week it was dot the I' s and cross the t's and it should be completed by weekend . Well one week on and nothing  to report all I can say is there must be a lot of I's and t's in that report.

2 hours ago, peteg999 said:

This article applies to whoever takes over the club. Once again we are left in the dark regarding the takeover last week it was dot the I' s and cross the t's and it should be completed by weekend . Well one week on and nothing  to report all I can say is there must be a lot of I's and t's in that report.

I think you will see the club statement did not say this.  The statement, in fact, simply implied the EFL were not the block to progress, but the agreement with the previous owners was.

In other words no change.

6 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

I think you will see the club statement did not say this.  The statement, in fact, simply implied the EFL were not the block to progress, but the agreement with the previous owners was.

In other words no change.

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good moan. 

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good moan. 

These are the facts:

The proposed takeover of the Club by Abdallah Lemsagam has moved closer following further productive talks with the EFL.

Simon Corney and lawyers acting for Abdallah are now working to get over the final hurdle involving discussions with the previous owners. Once achieved and the necessary documentation is forwarded to the EFL we hope that we will be in a position to announce completion.

The process has been complicated and taken longer than envisaged, however the EFL have continued to be supportive throughout and helped towards what now appears to be a successful resolution for all parties.

We would like to thank supporters for their patience during this period. We have worked as quickly as possible to ensure the transition could be completed, however, understand the frustration of fans over this period. This is a significant moment in the club's history and we are certain supporters will appreciate that the potential long term benefits this can bring are far more important than the short term delays we have suffered.

15 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

These are the facts:

The proposed takeover of the Club by Abdallah Lemsagam has moved closer following further productive talks with the EFL.

Simon Corney and lawyers acting for Abdallah are now working to get over the final hurdle involving discussions with the previous owners. Once achieved and the necessary documentation is forwarded to the EFL we hope that we will be in a position to announce completion.

The process has been complicated and taken longer than envisaged, however the EFL have continued to be supportive throughout and helped towards what now appears to be a successful resolution for all parties.

We would like to thank supporters for their patience during this period. We have worked as quickly as possible to ensure the transition could be completed, however, understand the frustration of fans over this period. This is a significant moment in the club's history and we are certain supporters will appreciate that the potential long term benefits this can bring are far more important than the short term delays we have suffered.

Correct. 

13 hours ago, Latics and England said:

Here are my thoughts on a few things we need from the new owner once we finally get the deal over the line.

http://www.ernieflag.co.uk/site/index.php/bloggs/14-oldham-athletic/199-dear-abdallah

Not sure about the "engage with fans" bit or what exactly you mean by "engage".

Isn't it largely the same 1% of idiots you mention further on who are always demanding to be engaged/communicated with? (then moaning about the content of any such communication)

With the remainder who do so in a more sensible manner still representing a tiny, overly needy & entitled minority of our support? :lol:

And we all pay our money & go already anyway. 

The vast majority of match going fans and stay aways still don't follow, or want to follow, every minute detail of what goes on at the club like we do. 

I don't think it's as important an issue as your piece makes out. You might be placing too much weight on something that only matters to a tiny minority (and even then probably shouldn't).

I just hope he'll run the club in a manner where there's never much of consequence to communicate anyway.

I hope we see a show of ambition on the pitch - that doesn't have to mean mega money being thrown about (although that'd be great) just a clear intent to finish higher season after season whether that be via better signings, better managers (I'm fine with RW as things stand)  or developing youth. Probably all of that. 

Simplified pricing too - £20 everywhere for every adult, £5 everywhere for every kid on the day and in advance. £300 for an adult season ticket, £50 for kids. 

And let the town know FFS! (this kind of engagement we do need). 

Mail or leaflet drop every house in Oldham twice a year. 

If there's really some advantage/extra profit to people buying tickets online put them into a high probability draw to win something rather than charge someone who suddenly decides to go on a Saturday £4 more. Many begrudge paying this and many just plain won't. 

And I hope he ditches the matchday penny pinching shenanigans too - instead of constantly pissing people off it's worth "risking" making a few hundred quid less if some pies end up being thrown away or if some bar staff end up twiddling their thumbs because everybody has been served.

In reality he'd probably turn a bigger profit. 

Edited by HarryBosch

46 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I just hope he'll run the club in a manner where there's never much of consequence to communicate anyway.....

....leaflet drop every house in Oldham twice a year. 

And I hope he ditches the matchday penny pinching shenanigans too.....

1. It'd be nice to know how he's intending on running the club.... but - if as you reasonably assert - it's his money and he can do what he wants.... we'll find out soon enough anyway.

2. 24hoursfromtulsehill, take note!

3. If he run's the club in a manner whereby there's lots of consequence..... one suspects pie's will be the last of his, or our worries.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Just dont turn us into a league 1 Leeds United with a hire and fire attitude to managers which just leads to volatility and underachiement just do things properly. Off the pitch we need a certain level of stability.

If we are going to promise something please deliver it. You wont achieve everything you set out too but we dint want too many false dawns it will just leave people alienated.

Edited by GlossopLatic

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just dont turn us into a league 1 Leeds United with a hire and fire attitude to mamagers which just leads to volatility and underachiement.....

He might be doing the same in League 2.... like Leyton Orient did....!

Edited by lookersstandandy

20 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Not sure about the "engage with fans" bit or what exactly you mean by "engage".

Isn't it largely the same 1% of idiots you mention further on who are always demanding to be engaged/communicated with? (then moaning about the content of any such communication)

With the remainder who do so in a more sensible manner still representing a tiny, overly needy & entitled minority of our support? :lol:

And we all pay our money & go already anyway. 

The vast majority of match going fans and stay aways still don't follow, or want to follow, every minute detail of what goes on at the club like we do. 

I don't think it's as important an issue as your piece makes out. You might be placing too much weight on something that only matters to a tiny minority (and even then probably shouldn't).

I just hope he'll run the club in a manner where there's never much of consequence to communicate anyway.

I hope we see a show of ambition on the pitch - that doesn't have to mean mega money being thrown about (although that'd be great) just a clear intent to finish higher season after season whether that be via better signings, better managers (I'm fine with RW as things stand)  or developing youth. Probably all of that. 

Simplified pricing too - £20 everywhere for every adult, £5 everywhere for every kid on the day and in advance. £300 for an adult season ticket, £50 for kids. 

And let the town know FFS! (this kind of engagement we do need). 

Mail or leaflet drop every house in Oldham twice a year. 

If there's really some advantage/extra profit to people buying tickets online put them into a high probability draw to win something rather than charge someone who suddenly decides to go on a Saturday £4 more. Many begrudge paying this and many just plain won't. 

And I hope he ditches the matchday penny pinching shenanigans too - instead of constantly pissing people off it's worth "risking" making a few hundred quid less if some pies end up being thrown away or if some bar staff end up twiddling their thumbs because everybody has been served.

In reality he'd probably turn a bigger profit. 

I agree with all of this. ?