The Run In

12 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Ripley will get a round of a applause from me, quite simply because he was one half of the double act that practically kept us up last season, despite only being a player on loan and with no prior affection for the club.  He also had nothing but good things to say about Latics and, had we stumped up the money, would have returned to us this season.

I find it baffling that anyone would suggest otherwise.

However, once that whistle blows he’s a Bury player and will get fuck all appreciation from me again.

Would love to have him back here next season. Whilst having Placide in net does contribute to our style of play, or at the least the way RW wants us to play, I find it hard to believe we wouldn’t be at least 10pts better off had Ripley been in net rather than Placide - and that’s before you consider the spells at the start of the season with Ruddy & Wilson in net.

For the record, I do like Placide.

Id almost eradicated Ruddy & Wilson from my memory banks - thanks for reawakening that nightmare