Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Pete. Nice to see we're getting a few more experienced and mature people on here. :grin:

If that means 'old' then I'm yer man. Oops, think I may have already posted this in the wrong place. So much for mature.

Name? jimmy

Location? royton

How Long Supporting the Tics? all me life, 16 years

Best away match you've been to? leeds in cup couple of years ago, went with me mate and his dad and little brother, was brilliant atmosphere even though we lost, if i remember ricketts scored aswell

All Time Greatest Player?Lee Duxbury absolute legend, best captain i have ever seen, and best wearer of the number 6 shirt i have seen so far, even though stam has made the 6 shirt his own last season.

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? blackpool, definitely are bogey team, never remember us winning a game against them

Greetings, Jimmy.

Please check OWTB's rules & regs and enjoy using the site.

And don't you remember us beating the Donkey Lashers 4-1 at home, the season before last?

cheers

i will check them

and i no i dont actually, bad fan me dont even remember that!!!

Thanks all - i don't scare that easy!!

i am hoping to get to a few games this season - see if my luck improves after i made the trip up in Feb for a tueday night match to find it was postponed when i got there!! grrrrrr

On the basis that you count Bromley as being in London, you probably turned up at Spotland by mistake :blush::wink:

Actully Andy .... Mike is from near Bromley and I count it as London .... is Croydon London????

Went up myself for the game in Feb .... heard on the train from Chaddy the owl that it would be off! Not happy

Actully Andy .... Mike is from near Bromley and I count it as London .... is Croydon London????

Went up myself for the game in Feb .... heard on the train from Chaddy the owl that it would be off! Not happy

Yeah, I'm just on the edge of London, a mile or so further out and people insist they are in Surrey. There are bits open green stuff between here and Bromley.

Name? Rick.

Location? Bristol

How Long Supporting the Tics? Since @1970 (37 years!)

Best away match you've been to? Probably have to be Maine Road 4 - 1 Palmer hat-trick (Swailes out!)

All Time Greatest Player? Alan Groves - Magician, legend, sadly missed.

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Forest - Sorted them out twice last season. They will be there or thereabouts this season with a 5 - nil thumping to avenge.

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Rick to OWTB :OWTB1: , your joining an ever increasing band of Latics fans from Brizzie on OWTB :OASISscarf:

Take you time to get used to the Forum , any probs let Admin or a Mod know :chubb:

This Link below may be of interest since your a Grovesy fan :afro:

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

Cheers Exile :exile:

Name? Rick.

Location? Bristol

Best away match you've been to? Probably have to be Maine Road 4 - 1 Palmer hat-trick (Swailes out!)

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Forest - Sorted them out twice last season. They will be there or thereabouts this season with a 5 - nil thumping to avenge.

My god - we are taking over bristol!

Welcome mate - you are now the 4th confirmed member of the Bristol Latics fan club! Joining myself, Bristolatic & Downender..... we now have a car-full and almost a 5-a-side team!

FYI - our inaugural meeting (basically an excuse to have a few beers and talk latics!) will be on Thursday 26th July at the Willy Wicket pub in downend/ringroad area (??!)... be great if you could join us!

Take care!

:oasissign1: - can we have one for bristol now?????

Edited by BigfinLatic

You have'nt got a 5 a side team yet ! :grin:

In fact we have! Bristolatic has another Latics fan friend who will be coming to our first meeting!

You are just jealous as Bristol is now officially the second home of latics exiles (after london...) !! .....

Can we have a banner now please??!!

Guest oa_exile
In fact we have! Bristolatic has another Latics fan friend who will be coming to our first meeting!

You are just jealous as Bristol is now officially the second home of latics exiles (after london...) !! .....

Since 5 constitutes a team so No ! :lol: , WE have more than 5 in our Exile Area :tongue1:

*Exile makes note not to let anymore Brizzie Latics join OWTB , just to annoy BFL*

Since 5 constitutes a team so No ! :lol: , WE have more than 5 in our Exile Area :tongue1:

*Exile makes note not to let anymore Brizzie Latics join OWTB , just to annoy BFL*

Ah... schoolboy tactics cos you know i'm right.... your imaginary friends cant help you now exile :wink:

I also now petition to have your moniker changed - to be honest, you aint actually that far away...

How about - oa_justdowntheroadreally .... ???

Yep?? :grin::wink:

A banner, yes fantastic. A picture of the suspension bridge emblazened with OAFC. Cant wait.

Might join you in the Willy Wicket (I'm from Bishopston so not too far really)

Ah... schoolboy tactics cos you know i'm right.... your imaginary friends cant help you now exile :wink:

I also now petition to have your moniker changed - to be honest, you aint actually that far away...

How about - oa_justdowntheroadreally .... ???

Yep?? :grin::wink:

Or oa_markoasissaysmaddogisanexilelivinginrochdalesoi'mactuallyveryveryexiled ?

A banner, yes fantastic. A picture of the suspension bridge emblazened with OAFC. Cant wait.

Might join you in the Willy Wicket (I'm from Bishopston so not too far really)

That will be great fella! :chubb:

As I say - 26th in the WW.... looks like there could be 5 of us!

Will PM you my details, great to have you aboard and stay in touch!

as for the banner.... how about something Cider related...???

Edited by BigfinLatic

Name? Rick.

Location? Bristol

Welcome, friend. I've always told my workmates that the Oldham cultural revolution will happen one day. This is a brilliant site and everyone is treating the way it should be. No sign of eejits that inhabit other sites. Be great to see you next week if you can make it.

Guest oa_exile

:mmm: right ganging up on me :nnnng:

Well we will see about that :tongue1:

This thread will self distruct in 5.............4..........3...........2..........1

red-button.jpg

This thread will self distruct in 5.............4..........3...........2..........1

Typical... theres always one kid who has a tantrum and takes his ball home when he doesnt get his way.... spoils the fun for everyone else when he knows he is in the wrong... :wink:

Right lads, if oa exile is taking his ball home, altogether now:

"Sing when you're winning

You only sing when you're winning." :tongue1:

Great banter, fellas - loved it. Who's up for a protest march with banners proclaimimg "We want our own banner"? :ktf:

Bristol Blue - I'll PM you soon with some details. Terrific to have you on board.