Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

Guest sheridans_world
Bad news on the meeting up front, I can't make July 26th (wife reminded me of a long standing appointment that I really can't get out of). Very interested in the next one though, celebrate our first win maybe.

Wedding anniversary was it?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll have more exile supporters than ManU heading up the M5 / M6 soon!

Don't you mean M5/M42/A444/A511/A515/A6 etc etc, now you're having to do a detour to pick up oafc_ok? :grin:

This is the price you have to pay for trying to boost the FEW with any Tom, :censored: (Richard), Harry or Matt! :D

This is the price you have to pay for trying to boost the FEW with any Tom, :censored: (Richard), Harry or Matt! :D

Do they live in Bristol? :wink:

As for your question on getting Oafc_ok down to Bristol.... simple - we will just tell him what time the pub opens at :grin:

I presume the banner-makers are hard at work on the BLAST! banner for the Burton Latics Affiliated Supporters' Team.

I don't know how long I can hold out without telling Mrs Sideburns about oafc_ok's defection to the cider men. At least the banner will soften the blow, what with her birthday coming up on Sunday. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

Very true about the waistcoat! B)

Hired transport via Burton-on-Trent to pick up the traitor might be OK for games at BP, but have you thought about how you are going to get him all the way from Burton to the Kellaway Arms three hours before the game when we play the Gas Heads? :unsure::ohno::mmm::thinking2::deal:

Gas game is at Cheltenham..... :(

you can still go to the KA if you want though... :unsure:

B)

B)

Diego will go to the KA come rain, wind, snow, or the game being in cheltenham.... he met some rovers fans there once... whom im now sure he will try to claim are part of BLAST....

Now I find he's defected to the Bristol Few! Unbelievable!! :angry: I can't bring myself to tell Mrs. Sideburns about oafc_ok's defection. Clearly he hasn't thought this through - now he won't be travelling with the fans from Burton, is he expecting the Bristol Few to collect him from Burton on their way to matches? :stupid:

:surrender:

It appears I may have been a little hasty in denouncing my Burton roots. Having slept on it I now realise how foolish I've been and would like to return in a prodigal son type way to the BLAST fold. :blush:

So what time does the BLASTmobile set off for Clyde next week? :pray:

I don't know how long I can hold out without telling Mrs Sideburns about oafc_ok's defection to the cider men. At least the banner will soften the blow, what with her birthday coming up on Sunday. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

If all you've got the present Mrs Sideburns for her birthday is a banner, made by someone else to boot, all I can say is it's a bloody good job all this started, or the poor lady would have had nowt. Come on D_S, Latics fans are more generous than that - well, they are in Brizzol.

:surrender:

It appears I may have been a little hasty in denouncing my Burton roots. Having slept on it I now realise how foolish I've been and would like to return in a prodigal son type way to the BLAST fold. :blush:

So what time does the BLASTmobile set off for Clyde next week? :pray:

Here he is coming back with his tail between his legs. :sign0003: Now I've got a dilemma. :unsure:

I haven't told Mrs Sideburns about his defection yet, but if I don't accept his request to join BLAST!, she's going to wonder why he's no longer travelling with us, and I'll be in the dog-house. :argue: His children will also be wondering why he's travelling with the Bristol, Wiltshire & South Wales Few, instead of with them and the other BLAST! members. :sign0007: If I accept him back into the fold without telling her, he gets off scot-free, which seems unfair. :whip:

I think I'll wait until we get our BLAST! banner that I hope those kind banner-makers are working busily on as I write this. After all it was oafc_ok, in my absence, who asked for banner recognition in the first place. :mmm: When we get the banner for Mrs Sideburns' birthday on Sunday it will go some way towards a peace offering from oafc_ok. :icon_peace:

If all you've got the present Mrs Sideburns for her birthday is a banner, made by someone else to boot, all I can say is it's a bloody good job all this started, or the poor lady would have had nowt. Come on D_S, Latics fans are more generous than that - well, they are in Brizzol.

How many women can boast getting a specially-made web site forum banner for their birthday? Some women would give their non-drinking arm to get one of those, isn't that right maddog? :happybday:

Wedding anniversary is a few days later. No I have an infant school do (I know, I know, but what can I do?) :unsure: . Dont suppose we could meet on the Friday 27th?

It might be easier for the few of you to go over to meet Paul in South Wales, but I know he's very busy. :grin:

Can I remind all you Blast, boast, post and whatever that you OASIS group subs are now due .... I'll accept a cheque.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUyNN2qaB0 .... i'll send the boys round if its late

The few members of BOAST may be happy to be classed as Southerners, but we BLAST! members are Midlanders, just as I proved the other week that the people of Oldham are Midlanders. :peepwall:

B)

My reference to the Kellaway Arms was made in good faith, based on the official site announcement :deal: that the game is to be played in Bristol, where it's possible to watch the match through the window in the gents' :toilet: if it's persisting with rain.

The few members of BOAST may be happy to be classed as Southerners, but we BLAST! members are Midlanders, just as I proved the other week that the people of Oldham are Midlanders. :peepwall:

This is all getting too complicated. I propose that in the interests of clarity, the Cockneys, Wurzils and Northerners unite and kick the crap out of the Midlanders, then at least we'll have some clear boundaries and a nice open space to meet up for the final showdown.

How many women can boast getting a specially-made web site forum banner for their birthday? Some women would give their non-drinking arm to get one of those, isn't that right maddog? :happybday:

Not sure, DS. That's my cigarette hand :grin:

Some banners are worth the sacrifice though :wink:

She's also got the new Prince CD. :wink:

This is all getting too complicated. I propose that in the interests of clarity, the Cockneys, Wurzils and Northerners unite and kick the crap out of the Midlanders, then at least we'll have some clear boundaries and a nice open space to meet up for the final showdown.

Accepting that Oldham is in the middle of the country, hence Oldhamers are Midlanders, who are the Northerners (excluding those based in Scotland)? Inspiral Carpet and Jorvik - any others? :who:

Accepting that Oldham is in the middle of the country, hence Oldhamers are Midlanders, who are the Northerners (excluding those based in Scotland)? Inspiral Carpet and Jorvik - any others? :who:

Oldhamers are Midlanders? How dare you? :angry: I pride myself on being a Northerner. Midlanders are those folk with a dead weird accent. You know, the one where they don't talk, they sing. If you don't know the words or the tune, you're buggered. Anything North of Lancashire is not the North, its either Johnny Foreigner country or Scotland. I suppose I've now upset everyone between Birmingham and Salford and those who live in Cumbria, and any other points East. :naughty:

Err, aren't we sort of, well, drifting away from the thread a bit? Just thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Bristolatic