The White Hart

Guest oa exile

Guest oa_exile

Now that Chris has left , rumour is the new Landlaord is a Citeh fan <_< , can anyone confirm ? has anyone been in ? ........i need answers :mad:

Now that Chris has left , rumour is the new Landlaord is a Citeh fan <_< , can anyone confirm ? has anyone been in ? ........i need answers :mad:

That's what Mr Punkster said was happening. 2 Citeh pubs within 50 yards of each other and 200 yards of BP!?? Not good.

We could give it a go at the WH (see if it's still Tic-friendly), or there's the Greyhound which is even closer to BP (although it's a bit small inside)! Or there's the Rifle Range, which I know a lot of Tics frequent before matches (not sure about after) - and that has the bonus of ex-WH-barmaid (Adele) as landlady.

I was going to put a post on about this and forgot. Ta for jogging my memory!

Edited by maddog

Guest oa_exile

I have gone in there for years for pre and after match refreshments :drinking45:

I go back a long way with Chris from "The Good Old days" and knew he was leaving in June.

Never told me a RED was taking over though , Ah well........ looks like the Greyhound for me and my other cronies :drinking66:

Guest sheridans_world
You will all be welcome at The Greyhound. Shane is a red, but has a lot of custom from Latics and so knows how it goes. I can also pee on said venue from my house, so ner.

Why go to said venue when we can have beers at yours :D

i heard he was a cidee but not exactly a raving footie fan.

i think a checkout will have to be taken.

chris will have told him it was a latics stronghold,so i'm sure the advise would have been to keep it that way-or lose custom.

He is a citeh fan,but a mate who frequents the W.H very often tells me it is still a Latics stronghold

Greyhound's very good before games.

That is apart from when Blackpool were gobbing off but that story has been done before.

Chris did a bit of bar managing work when Jarvis was at the club. Not sure how much longer he did it for after he left though.

My boycott of the Clayton Arms has been lifted now that it's back in Latics' hands and the rot has stopped. I'm hoping that it will re-open for the start of the season with proper beer rather than Lees's. :drinking45:

If it does re-open it will give us, the fans, the chance to repay TTA for putting their money where our hearts are, by putting our mouths where their money is. :drinking66: It will be easier to stop giving your custom to local pubs if they are run by Citeh fans or Reds. At last the Club will start to benefit from fans' pre-match and post-match drinking sessions. You know it makes sense to give your drinking money to the Club, even when you're drowning your sorrows! :drinking66::drinking45::drinking66:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Guest oa_exile
My boycott of the Clayton Arms has been lifted now that it's back in Latics' hands and the rot has stopped. I'm hoping that it will re-open for the start of the season with proper beer rather than Lees's. :drinking45:

If it does re-open it will give us, the fans, the chance to repay TTA for putting their money where our hearts are, by putting our mouths where their money is. :drinking66: It will be easier to stop giving your custom to local pubs if they are run by Citeh fans or Reds. At last the Club will start to benefit from fans' pre-match and post-match drinking sessions. You know it makes sense to give your drinking money to the Club, even when you're drowning your sorrows! :drinking66::drinking45::drinking66:

................And the first round is on Diego ^_^:dance:

typical latics though will only employ lionel richie to do the serving, and it will take an age to get served

just hope they invest in them 16 pint pouring machines soon make it back if they set it up right!

typical latics though will only employ lionel richie to do the serving, and it will take an age to get served

just hope they invest in them 16 pint pouring machines soon make it back if they set it up right!

I have to say, getting served in the Clayton Arms has to rank up there as one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had in my life....

Old Lionel behind the bar... ant the Jackson 5 throwback kid that is with him, are officially the slowest barstaff on the planet.. but hey, s'pose its not hier fault seing its just them and hundreds of thirsty punters...

Still had one of the funniest moments of last season in there though.... when i came up to Latics V Bristol city on the Bristol City coaches :ph34r: , the coaches got to BP at about 1pm far earlier than expected and all the city fans piled off looking lost.... I decided to trot to the clayton for a pint, and around 300 unknowing City fans just followed me... like the pied piper.... that was an intersting moment walking into the Clayton at the head of around 300 city fans... :shock: a Proper "silence" when someone walks into a bar moment...

Needless to say no-one got bloomin served...

I have to say, getting served in the Clayton Arms has to rank up there as one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had in my life....

Old Lionel behind the bar... ant the Jackson 5 throwback kid that is with him, are officially the slowest barstaff on the planet.. but hey, s'pose its not hier fault seing its just them and hundreds of thirsty punters...

Still had one of the funniest moments of last season in there though.... when i came up to Latics V Bristol city on the Bristol City coaches :ph34r: , the coaches got to BP at about 1pm far earlier than expected and all the city fans piled off looking lost.... I decided to trot to the clayton for a pint, and around 300 unknowing City fans just followed me... like the pied piper.... that was an intersting moment walking into the Clayton at the head of around 300 city fans... :shock: a Proper "silence" when someone walks into a bar moment...

Needless to say no-one got bloomin served...

Lionel is the jackson fives throw back

"hello......is it me your looking for?"

Lionel%20Richie%20-%20Say%20you,%20say%20me.jpg

Lionel is the jackson fives throw back

"hello......is it me your looking for?"

Lionel%20Richie%20-%20Say%20you,%20say%20me.jpg

No No No No..... theres Lionel, and then the young lad (about 18 ish) ... with a mini afro, who always looks confused, and no matter what you order, has to take 20 minutes finding a clean glass....

They are 2 seperate people! (have a feeling Jackson 5 may be lionels son...) :blink: