Colchester (H)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree that everyone has his/her opinion but to say that Maouche was poor is frankly baffling. He did a lot of good things yesterday and some not so good but he did not hide. We had 14 attempts on goal  yesterday - Maouche was directly involved in 9 of them.

Also I saw the beginnings of a very encouraging partnership with Eagles. If Maouche didn’t start I think I for one would miss him.

I like Eagles last 2 home games for me MOM , Maouche drifts in and out of games for me and he did yesterday...I thought we played some good stuff yesterday there has been improvements you can see, we just need to be a bit more clinical in the final 3rd 

16 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Extract from today’s match report on the official site:

“Latics  nearly took an early lead in the 7th minute as Chris Eagles started a counter-attack, he got to the visitors’ box and laid the ball to Mohammed Maouche and his strike hit the post.”

“Shortly after, Christopher Missilou drove at the Colchester United defence before passing to Dylan Fage and he beat his man before laying it off to Maouche but his shot was blocked by Scott Wilson and the danger was cleared.”

“The hosts should have taken the lead in the 24th minute after a clever ball from Maouche allowed Fage behind the defence and he put a low cross into the box but Wilson couldn’t make any contact with the ball only yards away from the goal.”

“Moments later,  Maouche slotted Wilson through on goal but Dean Gerken rushed out and bravely denied the striker.”

“Eagles whipped a great delivery into the box and Maouche got onto the end of it but could only head wide of the target.”

Yet according to the usual suspects, Maouche was poor today? Really? I thought he had an ok game today as evidenced by the match report and was constantly involved in most of our good play. His interplay with Eagles showed real promise. 

Ah well...🤔

Maouche drifts in and out of games, lools disinterested at times, i agree him and Eagles played well together, promising signs yesterday,  just need to be more clinical in the final 3rd 

12 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Zero quotes. 😂

I'll do it myself.

Scores - given 14 minutes. What the fuck is going on ....

I watched your mate in the half time kick about. He was playing short 5 yard passes with someone else, and at least twice the ball bounced off his shin. When the passes became longer, his partner had to run to go and get the ball back because Vera's passes went off course, just like paying with the kids in the park. 

I’m not long back home after a happy trip with my son to give him his first day in Oldham and at Boundary Park. 

Loved being among my fellow Latics fans. But thought the team performance was poor, which was to be expected. 

Why does Vera jump just before or just after the high ball comes in? 

I tip my cap to the protestors for at least trying. And I emphasise with the boycotting. If I lived in Oldham I’d probably boycott too to be honest. 

Most of of all I empathise with those who still go. One or two buffoons aside, everyone I met was trying to make it the best day out it could be. Shame the spoofer owner isn’t doing likewise. 

I hope we rise again without him. Then my son will be able to say he was there all the way  up. 

Archived