Colchester (H)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have every faith in Laurent Banide and the team that goes out against Colchester.. Big morale booster was the win at Cambridge   yes we are still short of 2/3 players but there is nothing stopping us climbing up this table

8 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Get the new centre back in and start from the back and we have half a decent chance of putting a run together.

If we are going to make a signing this week then it should be a forward player(s) I doubt we will be able to make more than 2 signings.

With regards to the defence we just have to pray nothing happens to David Wheater. He needs to have a Clarke/Gregan season.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If we are going to make a signing this week then it should be a forward player(s) I doubt we will be able to make more than 2 signings.

With regards to the defence we just have to pray nothing happens to David Wheater. He needs to have a Clarke/Gregan season.

Most of our defensive problems are from when we are attacked down the wings.  Same yesterday.  Lot of space out there. It’s tactics, not personnel, imo. 

As for Wheater. He is evidentially a better player than both those you mention so it should be fine. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

You can accept (I’d even encourage it) being dodgy at the back if you’re playing gung ho, attacking football but it’s a new one on me for such an unadventurous side to be so ropy & disorganised in defence. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Most of our defensive problems are from when we are attacked down the wings.  Same yesterday.  Lot of space out there. It’s tactics, not personnel, imo. 

As for Wheater. He is evidentially a better player than both those you mention so it should be fine. 

Im definitely concerned about our Left hand side Smith Brown worries me and as I said I would take him out the firing line and put Nepo there. On the right Im much less worried Mills and Hamer who should be RW and RB respectably will have enough to mean we are good enough on that side.

39 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You can accept (I’d even encourage it) being dodgy at the back if you’re playing hung go, attacking football but it’s a new one on me for such an unadventurous side to be so ropy & disorganised in defence. 

You could argue that a stronger defence is more likely to encourage attacking play as the rest of the side feels more assured knowing that they have a defence behind them that won't get exposed.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Im definitely concerned about our Left hand side Smith Brown worries me and as I said I would take him out the firing line and put Nepo there. On the right Im much less worried Mills and Hamer who should be RW and RB respectably will have enough to mean we are good enough on that side.

You could argue that a stronger defence is more likely to encourage attacking play as the rest of the side feels more assured knowing that they have a defence behind them that won't get exposed.

Yes.  It has to be admitted by anyone that Nepo plus Branger worked very well down the left at times last season. 

I’d be very happy with Hamer, Egert, Wheater, Nepo. 

Even though Nepo doesn’t want that. 

53 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You can accept (I’d even encourage it) being dodgy at the back if you’re playing hung go, attacking football but it’s a new one on me for such an unadventurous side to be so ropy & disorganised in defence. 

We don't look that bad if Wheater plays, but you are right such an unadventurous side needs to be much more organised defensively if Wheater isn't playing. 

On 8/25/2019 at 3:35 AM, Frankies6 said:

i have every faith in Laurent Banide and the team that goes out against Colchester.. Big morale booster was the win at Cambridge   yes we are still short of 2/3 players but there is nothing stopping us climbing up this table

Its difficult to go the other way.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:19 PM, kowenicki said:

Agree, Smith Brown has looked uncomfortable and makes a lot of "recovery" tackles after being out of position. Hamer also has allowed a lot to come down his side. However Nepo and Eagles have never looked like tracking back to help and seem to push forward. They need more protection from midfield, but need to be organised and disciplined to keep with their man.

Perhaps Banide feels that his defence should took in and let the ball wide knowing we have Wheater and Woods to help recover crosses, so agree could also be tactics, but both full backs have looked generally poor.

24 minutes ago, youngen said:

Agree, Smith Brown has looked uncomfortable and makes a lot of "recovery" tackles after being out of position. Hamer also has allowed a lot to come down his side. However Nepo and Eagles have never looked like tracking back to help and seem to push forward. They need more protection from midfield, but need to be organised and disciplined to keep with their man.

Perhaps Banide feels that his defence should took in and let the ball wide knowing we have Wheater and Woods to help recover crosses, so agree could also be tactics, but both full backs have looked generally poor.

I'm concerned Hamer isn't closing down opponents enough, too many crosses going in and not enough  blocks. Something I hope the coach can look at and Hamer can resolve.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:15 AM, Hands on said:

The problem with faith is that it isn't based on fact.

well ok, based on the last 2 games 1 Win 1 draw  plus a clean sheet , i and Benide seems to playing with s settled side only way is up..

Archived