Colchester (H)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

So who was taking the team talk then? 

I heard that Banide & his assistant were sat on the bench at half time - so that leaves Abdallah and Barry 

I saw the picture of Larry and his number 2 on the bench, the team talk would be left to Mo,Baz,Kowie and Fluffy. that;s why we were really shit in the second half.

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I saw the picture of Larry and his number 2 on the bench, the team talk would be left to Mo,Baz,Kowie and Fluffy. that;s why we were really shit in the second half.

So you didn’t go but we were “diabolical from beginning to end”.  You’re a fool. 

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Pictures on Twitter flying around, probably Mo having the last 5 minutes with the lads to let them know what's expected :laught30:

And before you ask, no I didn't go, thank fuck.

You missed that 1st half performance how unlucky must you feel it was right now.

Up there with that game where Dave Penney said we took the game to them in a game we drew 0-0 and didn't have a shot on goal.

I think it’s important to judge what you see on the pitch. Rather than through the prism of the off field stuff. Yeah, yeah I know. 

But we did play well today, especially first half. We did create at least half dozen chances. We can’t just gloss over that. If we had a half decent striker we win that 2/3 nil today. 

The 64,000 dollar question is, will we bring said striker? I’m not hopeful. However there is enough in that side to at the very least stay up. (That’s our level now😞

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You missed that 1st half performance how unlucky must you feel it was right now.

Up there with that game where Dave Penney said we took the game to them in a game we drew 0-0 and didn't have a shot on goal.

I know things are bad. But please stop claiming basic untruths.

We were by far the better side in the first half. By far. We created at least 4 really good chances. That at first half was better than anything I watched under penny’s entire tenure. 

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We had 14 shots today. 7 in each half. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know things are bad. But please stop claiming basic untruths.

We were by far the better side in the first half. By far. We created at least 4 really good chances. That at first half was better than anything I watched under penny’s entire tenure. 

We really weren't good at all the keeper didn't have to make a save until he had to turn 1 round the post in the 2nd half from Fage. 

The fact that we are building this performance up as even good shows how low the standards are.

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think it’s important to judge what you see on the pitch. Rather than through the prism of the off field stuff. Yeah, yeah I know. 

But we did play well today, especially first half. We did create at least half dozen chances. We can’t just gloss over that. If we had a half decent striker we win that 2/3 nil today. 

The 64,000 dollar question is, will we bring said striker? I’m not hopeful. However there is enough in that side to at the very least stay up. (That’s our level now😞

How do we win 2/3 nil when they scored 1? 

11 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Look. It’s not good is it, I’m not stupid. 

But what do you want me to say? Just agree everything on the pitch is shit? It isn’t. The performance wasn’t to bad. We did create, which people have said we lack. We did play some nice football in the first half. There is a commitment from the players.

I felt a sense today that while the ‘club’ can  fuck off. The team need all the support they can get. 

I think if you played the last two matches a hundred times, more often than not you'd get two draws. 

That would be two points. We got three. 

I'm not saying we should be happy with that, but I don't think either scoreline represented the game. 

We'll start making our own luck more when we start pressing higher in midfield, instead of inviting the opposition onto us. 

7 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

We'll start making our own luck more when we start pressing higher in midfield, instead of inviting the opposition onto us. 

What are we waiting for? A written invitation? 🤷‍♀️

6 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I think if you played the last two matches a hundred times, more often than not you'd get two draws. 

That would be two points. We got three. 

I'm not saying we should be happy with that, but I don't think either scoreline represented the game. 

Unfortunately I couldn't go today.Reading about a good performance today and looking at where we are in the league I just sense we could be the best team to ever get relegated from the EFL.

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We really weren't good at all the keeper didn't have to make a save until he had to turn 1 round the post in the 2nd half from Fage. 

The fact that we are building this performance up as even good shows how low the standards are.

So, your ignoring hitting the post and two missed headers from six yards? 

You are as entrenched as they come Glossop,  for the most part with good reason. But when you refuse point blank to acknowledge chances, you lose credibility. 

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

i think everyone is saying the same thing about todays game, we are sadly lacking some height up front .We are to predictable going forward and every high ball played into the colchesters  box was easily cleared. Why we kept lumping the ball up to Wilson in the first was baffling.. Last day on monday i believe to bring players in and number one priority is definitely a big Target man..

Every high ball played into box by Eagles today cleared easily..Eagles played well as he did against exeter 

Yes we need  a Target man a big 6ft player, this league is full of teams with them types of players..To predictable in the final 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

We will struggle this season without one..We are easy to defend against once a team gets in front   You just sit against us , as we are always looking for the ball into the chanel or of the shoulder of the defender..Corners only height options are Wheater and Syila.. Some big team, we are not , i do feel to lightweight 

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

No not horrific. 1st half looked ok plenty of possession just no end product in box. Playing sillly high balls to wilson was a waste of time  Center back had him in his pocket. They scored against the run of play good goal   and we really never recovered after that. 

Colchester sat in against us 2nd half , we spent alot of time running into blind alleys. We all know badly need a 6ft plus target man to predictable going forward.. but pretty on the eye in terms of passing and possession football just no end product today. Eagles, Fage & Wheater stand out players, Mauoche, Wilson and Hamer poor today and yes the lad from plymouth also poor 

The spirit voices are telling me that we have arranged a CF loan signing whose height is above 5'11" and that Barry wants us to appreciate what a stroke of footballing genius it is.

2 minutes ago, leeslover said:

The spirit voices are telling me that we have arranged a CF loan signing whose height is above 5'11" and that Barry wants us to appreciate what a stroke of footballing genius it is.

Shame we missed out on the big striker from a team in our division who went to non-league instead recently...

Archived