Another one bites the dust

7 hours ago, wiseowl said:

JoeP - some people have principles and some don't.

Who are the people with principles in this context?

If someone's decided they've "bitten the dust" and are never going again ever because of the current owner, then it is a great shame. Not a move I understand why you'd commit to, but a great shame nevertheless. 

If someone's just given up for a bit because they don't like the current owners, but will be back when they've gone, I'm not sure, with all due respect, that's particularly interesting. The majority of us are probably somewhere around there. 

Its the disrespect for me, or how it seems

1) member of staff - the timing of it and how can you decide you have different visions now, before season starts? surely you have a discussion way before this point. Additionally, to have the successor lined up already

2) The fans - to have an interview with an Australian media outlet before you even announce anything on your own site.

3) Comms from the owner and board - direction.......nothing, diddle squat with regards to Covid times, revising the plan, the short term post covid plan. OR even more on why the vision had changed to Harry Kewell now.......we are all in this together stuff.

Its this dis-engagement with the fans, the customers that will loose you your income......."without fans there is nothing..."  Convince us to invest

As you were then

22 minutes ago, underdog said:

3) Comms from the owner and board - direction.......nothing, diddle squat with regards to Covid times, revising the plan, the short term post covid plan. OR even more on why the vision had changed to Harry Kewell now.......we are all in this together stuff.

It is quite likely that the owner and board had delayed any announcements on plans going forward until the ‘head coach’ situation was resolved. It doesn’t make it right or any more palatable I agree but it could explain this lack of information as to the immediate short term plan.

or it could be that they simply have no frickin’ idea... 😉

We all have our breaking points.

We may disagree on some things, or everything, but the reason we put up with the shit on and off the pitch is because every single one of us loves the club. Choosing to stop going is a big step but the scales have tipped for me with Friday's latest.

I'm not having those cunts stop me from watching the team I love and I'll still be going to watch them away. It's my club, our club, not theirs.

But I no longer feel my love or enjoyment can justify giving them any more money. I don't intend to pay into BP until they've gone and hope the few hundred quid less they get from me helps to accelerate that process. It will hurt and wild horses won't keep me away when they've fucked off. 

this is how it feels 

Does anyone on the Board watch this stuff 🤷‍♂️

Every single man woman and child amongst our fanbase have felt like this 

There are more of us not going to games than those going 

Build a team that plays good to watch football in which players look like they want to wear our shirt like we the fans would do and treat our supporters like you want us 

We dont expect back to back promotions.

As fans, we just want to walk tall again 💙

It really isnt rocket science 

Archived