BPAS PODCAST: 15th Feb '21 Episode 22: A Club In Crisis? Interview With The FSA

The Football Supporters Association (FSA) are dedicated to advocating for football supporters from the grass roots of the game to the Premier League. Ashley Brown works for The FSA and one of his roles is to work with clubs in crisis, which means that he has a relationship with both Trust Oldham and Push The Boundary. We caught up with him to learn more about the FSA, his personal experiences helping to save and rebuild Portsmouth FC and where he sees Oldham on the crisis spectrum. 

You can join in the conversation by emailing your messages, questions, rants and voice messages to bpalertsystem@gmail.com.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Learn more about The FSA by visiting https://thefsa.org.uk/

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.

• Matt featured this topic
15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Solid listen. Thanks again. Interesting the Admin/Liquidation and EFL views, gave me a new perspective. 

Thanks for listening and thanks for your feedback. It looks like we've all got to put the Trust's past behind us and get involved to make it what we need to it be...... sooner rather than later.....

3 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Thanks for listening and thanks for your feedback. It looks like we've all got to put the Trust's past behind us and get involved to make it what we need to it be...... sooner rather than later.....

i listened to a bit of the trusts's interview with Harry Kewell this morning and may listen to more later but I really don't see organising that sort of thing (unless it's to raise funds) as part of the trust's remit. There role is surely more fundamental than wanting a quick review of the manager's tactics or whatever

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

i listened to a bit of the trusts's interview with Harry Kewell this morning and may listen to more later but I really don't see organising that sort of thing (unless it's to raise funds) as part of the trust's remit. There role is surely more fundamental than wanting a quick review of the manager's tactics or whatever

We agree... and say as much in this episode Dave....

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

I would never get behind anything which was led by the Trust, the history of getting into bed with the owners and quite simply not being effective in any capacity I have personally seen.  Yet clinging onto the 3% ownership and using that as a look how effective we are tool, has caused me to lose any form of credibility for them. 

Something led by push the boundary I would get behind ! 

Edit: I say never but I could be convinced. 

Great listen, lots of really interesting things to take in. The kind of long term planning discussed here really should be going on within the trust and the fanbase. Unfortunately I think we're so fractured and apathetic that it would be difficult to do. I would really like to hear someone from the trust on the pod again to discuss their objectives and how they intend to plan for the future. 

9 hours ago, BJBlue said:

Great listen, lots of really interesting things to take in. The kind of long term planning discussed here really should be going on within the trust and the fanbase. Unfortunately I think we're so fractured and apathetic that it would be difficult to do. I would really like to hear someone from the trust on the pod again to discuss their objectives and how they intend to plan for the future. 

Thanks BJB, we'll be extending the invite to the Trust to come on the podcast again next month, to tell us what they've been up over the last 3 months, since we last spoke to them.....

Was good that. Contructive criticisms being that you cut him off when he was going to logistically reveal pompeys three nearest teams and you didnt push him on where the £9M came from to clear the debts and if we can all run up £9M trying then get bailed out.

lve now listened to more BPAS pods than any other pod out there and am approaching the point where l will try and work them into my schedule. l like the tone of 'we will try and get the trust on to tell us what theyve been doing for three months' so l'll almost certainly listen to that too 👍🏻.

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Was good that. Contructive criticisms being that you cut him off when he was going to logistically reveal pompeys three nearest teams and you didnt push him on where the £9M came from to clear the debts and if we can all run up £9M trying then get bailed out.

lve now listened to more BPAS pods than any other pod out there and am approaching the point where l will try and work them into my schedule. l like the tone of 'we will try and get the trust on to tell us what theyve been doing for three months' so l'll almost certainly listen to that too 👍🏻.

“We are under staffed and all volunteers who do this in our spare time” 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Really enjoyed that.  I just drift off when I listen to debates about whether we should play 2 up front or seven wingers or whatever

56 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Thanks both.

He was referring to Bournemouth, Brighton & Southampton.... and the £9m came from a combination of money owed to them by the Premier League (withheld parachute payments maybe?) & money raised via their pledge and via the Pompey Presidents, targeted wealthy supporters.

4 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Thanks both.

He was referring to Bournemouth, Brighton & Southampton.... and the £9m came from a combination of money owed to them by the Premier League (withheld parachute payments maybe?) & money raised via their pledge and via the Pompey Presidents, targeted wealthy supporters.

Was all that actually said? l lisyened at about 0400 and can usually process in light sleep, seems l sneakily had some real stuff!! Looks like l'll be listening again, see what else l missed..

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Was all that actually said? l lisyened at about 0400 and can usually process in light sleep, seems l sneakily had some real stuff!! Looks like l'll be listening again, see what else l missed..

Most of it yeah.... I've filled in the odd blank though......

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l noticed how the interviewer said something along the lines of us being 'on the watchlist' for a while w bury n macc whilst also 'formerly bolton' l liked that, so much more was in what wasn't said than what was. 

Hard to conclude that being on the watchlist achieves much if Bury and Macclesfield were on it

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived