BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 6th Dec '21 Episode 61: There are no Particulars!

In the week that the club took legal action against the landlord, we also won at the Stadium of Light. What do we make it of it all?

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 here. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone, but we'll throw the odd bonus episode your way by way of thanks should you choose to.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg. Read more about FanHub here

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

The debate about potential time barring etc. really emphasises how useful it would be to have expertise available to the foundation.  That database of fans' skills can't come soon enough - I'd be surprised if someone doesn't know the answer.

33 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The debate about potential time barring etc. really emphasises how useful it would be to have expertise available to the foundation.  That database of fans' skills can't come soon enough - I'd be surprised if someone doesn't know the answer.

I’d say sheer incompetence, more than buying time 

• Matt featured this topic
7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

A google search indicates it might be 6 years (or 12 years) see https://www.inbrief.co.uk/claim-preparations/civil-claim-limitation-periods/.

Your point about a database of fans’ skills is very apt though. I know there are a few lawyers who follow Latics, although I don’t know of any lawyers in this field. But lawyers will also know which websites will give accurate information on legal matters if it isn’t their field. 

Another good and interesting Pod. A couple of things :

1) In our case we had the famous Oyston v Belokon court case, which also took place in the Rolls Building. If or when you get to court hearings , the Rolls do publish case lists on-line in advance as they are scheduled, which would mean you don't have to go trekking down there every five minutes to find out what is happening. Obviously you are not quite at that point yet.

In our case, the original hearing lasted about sixteen full days (and there were another ten or so days over a period of months the following year). We established a rota of people to be there in person and write a record of what was said, which we published on the main Blackpool message board every day (after some checking by our in-house  lawyer). We managed 100% attendance, despite the Oystons trying to have us chucked out of a couple of days when money was under discussion.

2) Well done on getting some kind of dialogue with the EFL. We managed just one formal meeting with them, and I think they were a bit traumatised by the whole thing, especially as it seemed  clear to us that we understood their rules rather better than they did (I am going back over three years, to be fair, and I think they are more approachable now than they ever were under Mr. Harvey). The fact that they don't want to do "real-time" interviews with you does not surprise me - they are very risk-averse as an organisation in my experience, and have only got more proactive in the last few months as they have seen Tracey Crouch coming Into view over the horizon.

The situation around asset ownership at the club does seem like a mess, and I have some sympathy with the idea that consolidating the ownership a bit more would be marginally better. But what you have to contend with sounds like the kind of convoluted shambles that we need a new regulator for, as I don't see the main parties (or the EFL) being willing to or capable of sorting it out voluntarily. At the moment, you look to me like the only interest group that unequivocally has the club's long-term interests at heart. Good luck on Saturday, I hope BBC North West are all over it.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived